You lot in that London and other metropolises don't know how good you've got it <grumble>

(8 Posts)
RiotsNotDiets Fri 21-Jun-13 23:37:29

I want to start biking around, to lose weight and to save money. However I haven't cycled for years and have never been confident on roads, so I thought "ooh, I could book myself onto one of those adult bike proficiency courses! which would, of course, lead to much glorious shagging with the sexy, young, muscular instructor I am imagining would run such things

But no. They only exist in proper places where people have actual lives. Not in crappy south yorkshire where you count yourself lucky if you get through the day without dying from smallpox.

This always effin' happens, I can't have anything nice for myself. <Harrumph>

VivaLeBeaver Fri 21-Jun-13 23:41:38

Google Breeze rides. You can search on location. There really should be some close to you as there's a big push at the minute to try and get women involved in cycling. They're friendly group rides led by people who will help you, ideal for building confidence.

I think it's Breeze weekend this weekend so make the most of it and go on one tomorrow or Sunday!

RiotsNotDiets Fri 21-Jun-13 23:47:38

Thanks Viva there aren't any classes near me, but they do have a list of instructors who I presume come to you.

Do you have any idea of how much this would cost? I'm a poverty stricken student you see.

I can't join in any rides this weekend wither sadly, as I haven't actually got a bike yet, wanted to make sure it was feasible that I would be able to use it on the roads before I splurged.

RiotsNotDiets Sat 22-Jun-13 00:16:40

I've emailed all the instructors in Yorkshire! Hopefully one of them will be able to help!

Belugagrad Sat 22-Jun-13 11:03:05

I had the free Cycle class in London- he wasn't fit, don't worry, we aren't hiding lots of fit cycling teachers down here in London smile well done for starting cycling!

RiotsNotDiets Sat 22-Jun-13 11:23:08

Thanks Belugagrad that does make me feel a little better!

They do kids sessions for free here so I don't understand why they don't run an adults course too? Surely it would be beneficial, less pollution, less traffic, healthier people?

Belugagrad Tue 25-Jun-13 20:48:49

I think they've written us off! smile

RiotsNotDiets Tue 25-Jun-13 21:52:27

<gets out of breath walking up stairs>

...I don't think I blame them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now