Insanity workout

(299 Posts)
VitoCorleone Tue 04-Jun-13 20:50:42

Is anyone doing this/done it?

Done my fit test yesterday and done pretty shite

Done the first circuit today, fooking hell, couldnt even manage half of it! I thought id finished the circuit, was feeling pretty chuffed, then i realised that was just the warm up! Jeez

VitoCorleone Wed 05-Jun-13 21:25:07

I cant view your food diary, only if you change your settings to make it public. Some people do some dont. I can only see your exercises as it comes up on my news feed. My diary isnt that great, yesterday i had 2 double cheeseburgers from McDonalds for my dinner grin i cant give up McDonalds or smoking!

Second workout done, much better than the first i think, managed to push through!

Mitchy1nge Thu 06-Jun-13 10:47:35

YO WHAT'S UP!

I love him smile (except when he says 'inhale in' hmm)

yeah I think the more of any exercise you do the easier it all becomes pretty much? The HIITS class that killed me was definitely inspired by the level 1 drills, or whatever worst versions are to come, thirty minutes of those but in triple tempo and some difficult moves - I think I know what we have to look forward to shock

I love that you are a day ahead, hope you don't go mysteriously silent because there's a review on amazon saying 'my husband dropped dead, literally, doing this' !

Mitchy1nge Thu 06-Jun-13 10:58:58

oops somehow the following went on wrong thread

I think you can see my terrible habits now, I can never or very rarely be bothered to log vegetables, fruit, olive oil, water etc

want even more friends on there now, it's fascinating reading other people's diet and exercise habits!

VitoCorleone Thu 06-Jun-13 13:33:38

I love him too! Especially when he shouts "you ready? Lets GOOOO!" grin

Well i certainly hope i dont drop dead confused i will be on this thread every day, make sure you try to too! Just booked me hols, going to Spain in October so i need to look hot and ripped in a bikini by then!

Theres a thread on Mumsnet, think its in the weight loss section, for MFP, go over and ask people to add you, most of the people on my friend list are mumsnetters

Mitchy1nge Thu 06-Jun-13 15:01:40

Ok I'll look for MFP people thanks (please please please let them not judge me!)

how was today's session? Do they get more demanding or just different? Thank god you are still with us!

I really felt the effects from this morning when attempting doing Pilates mat work, especially my fucking abs, ow confused and my one main yoga class is tonight

anyway hope I stick with insanity until the end, usually get bored and move on to something else blush 60 days is AGES to do something every day - although I would do yoga and Pilates and spin every day if I could organise it

VitoCorleone Thu 06-Jun-13 15:19:44

I havent done todays yet, i do it after ive put the kids to bed - no distractions grin

I dont even know what workouts im suppposed to do each day, i dont have the calendar, so i dont know if you do them randomly or not confused

My legs have been really aching today after last nights session, me and the kids went for a long walk this morning and my legs where so sore.

Ive been thinking of doing some classes at the gym, is spinning really hard? It looks it but i think i want to try it, and boxing too grin

Mitchy1nge Thu 06-Jun-13 15:35:45

ah when I get home I will share the calendar with you, but so far I think you work in order through the cardboard thing - do you have the cardboard thing? Looks like it works up from high to 'max' intensity intervals?

oh holy fuck it is SCHOOL already

VitoCorleone Thu 06-Jun-13 16:08:20

No i dont have any cardboard thing, i only have the discs. You'll have to let me know, i was just going to go through each one each night but after last nights its cardio recovery week on my dvd? So that cant be right

Ive already entered my workout into MFP thats so i make sure i do it grin

Mitchy1nge Thu 06-Jun-13 16:35:49

yeah I think that sounds right? I don't think it is a restful sort of recovery though!

ok soooo here's the first month

Week 1

Day 1 fit test
Day 2 plyometric cardio circuit (I am here!)
Day 3 cardio power and resistance (you?)
Day 4 cardio recovery
Day 5 pure cardio
Day 6 plyometric cardio circuit
Day 7 -

Week 2

Day 1 cardio power and resistance
Day 2 pure cardio
Day 3 plyometric cardio circuit
Day 4 cardio recovery
Day 5 cardio power and resistance
Day 6 pure cardio and cardio abs
Day 7 -

Week 3

Day 1 FIT TEST!
Day 2 plyometric cardio circuit
Day 3 pure cardio and cardio abs
Day 4 cardio recovery
Day 5 cardio power and resistance
Day 6 plyometric cardio circuit
Day 7 -

Week 4

Day 1 pure cardio nd cardio abs
Day 2 cardio power and resistance
Day 3 plyometric cardio circuit
Day 4 cardio recovery
Day 5 pure cardio and cardio abs
Day 6 plyo cardio circuit
Day 7 -

then it's Recovery Week before month 2:

core cardio and balance, each day for six days

Mitchy1nge Thu 06-Jun-13 17:13:26

sorry forgot about spin - it is great, you will love it, how could anyone not! I work much harder for 45-60 mins in that class than I do anywhere else in the gym and don't know anyone who has tried spin and not liked it? The only thing is to get some padded shorts because the bikes hurt! And you definitely need a sweat towel and water.

VitoCorleone Thu 06-Jun-13 18:27:13

Thank you, so i should be on cardio recovery tonight then.

Ive noticed a lot of people on MFP do spin and burn shit loads of calories, so i might try it, does it not absolutley kill your legs though?

Mitchy1nge Thu 06-Jun-13 18:50:36

yeah at times, esp the uphill bits and the instructor says 'add two gears' when am already pedalling through wet cement then 'increase to 85' and in my head (hope is in my head anyway) am screaming 'NOOOOO FUCK OFF' but I still do it and am always 'please don't end please don't end' in the last bit before cool down blush

like everything though, you work as hard as you want/can - the gears are only a guide, find your own base and go from there

VitoCorleone Thu 06-Jun-13 18:55:45

Cool, think im going to give it a go. The Leisure centre near me has all sorts of classes, they have Hatton Academy Boxing which im thinking of doing too. Plus aqua aerobics.

Im just writing down my Insanity routine now then once the kids are in bed will be doing my workout

VitoCorleone Thu 06-Jun-13 20:10:59

Cardio recovery done. Very good, lots of stretching and squats. Didnt even break a sweat though grin

Mitchy1nge Thu 06-Jun-13 21:53:25

ah well done, so you are two days ahead of me not one? Really am shit at counting!

can you believe that nobody else on the whole of MN is doing insanity at the moment? They MUST be out there they must!

your leisure centre sounds great, I think you should set yourself a challenge to try one new class every week grin

notyummy Thu 06-Jun-13 22:04:52

I have done it (last year.) However I have developed a serious back problem and needed an operation. My GP said he has seen a few people coming in with back issues quoting the DVD so please be careful! Oh- I wasn't exactly a fitness novice so that wasn't the issue. (Ex military, lots of circuit training, running etc, healthy weight, low body fat blah blah.)

I am sure you will be fine but make sure you engage your abs properly in any of this burpee, press up and plank things....

Calamansi Thu 06-Jun-13 22:11:16

I'm a huge insanity fan, it gets amazing results and puts me in a great mood, stick with it, it's so worth itgrin

VitoCorleone Thu 06-Jun-13 22:48:55

Yeah i started monday so today is my day 4, cardio recovery, i thought you where just a day behind me too?

I really should try a class a week, sounds like a good challange, will have to look into it

Oh no, the back problems dont sound good confused

Theycallmestacy Thu 06-Jun-13 23:09:41

Insanity was my New Year Resolution, like all NYR it was broke by feb. I used to feel like crying/vomiting during it.

Reading this thread has spurred me on to give it another go. I quit the cigs twelve months ago and have gone up two dress sizes.

VitoCorleone Thu 06-Jun-13 23:29:17

Do it Theycallmestacey!!

Mitchy1nge Thu 06-Jun-13 23:52:58

Oh no poor you notyummy, are you better now? it sounds terrible, what actually happened? Am scared of even minor injuries and have some weird lower ab strain/imaginary hernia blush so am extra extra extra careful but so far have found it paced perfectly - if it gets much faster I will just work in my own time

hi calamansi smile did/do you also do the asylum? Tell us about these amazing results!

come on then theycallmestacey, I bet you can drop two dress sizes in 60 days (if you want to, maybe you don't need to?)

Mitchy1nge Thu 06-Jun-13 23:59:57

yep am definitely day 2, only did the fit test yesterday (oh god what a long way to go, bet I have to go away at some point - what do you do, miss those days?) so cardio power/resistance tomorrow after SPIN

then I might need a nap grin

KatoPotato Fri 07-Jun-13 00:08:49

I wish I could afford it! I really fancy it!

notyummy Fri 07-Jun-13 07:50:05

I will be better Mitchy but had a badly praised disc at the bottom of my spine and required a discectomy. Couldn't sit, drive etc because of the sciatica it was causing. Haven't been able to run or do any circuit training since Feb and won't be able to restart until Aug. Grim. Surgeon struggled to say exactly what caused it. Being overweight and not exercising are risk factors and I am the opposite of either- plus i have strong back and abs muscles. Apparently being tall doesn't help (am 5ft 10) and needing to sit for much of the day (long commute and sitting at desk.) I have done my own research and its not unusual even in fit people and some types of exercise really don't seem to help according to the Internet. Poor form in exercises that put strain on the back (hence my warning about engaging abs on burpees, planks, press ups etc) and also curling up for sit ups repeatedly is not great at all.

Mitchy1nge Fri 07-Jun-13 08:53:26

argh it sounds horrible, hope it is at least not painful now? Can you do any exercise at all? August isn't far away smile I will definitely heed your warning, I do enough yoga, Pilates, horse riding etc for a strong core so I can skip those bits or go slower - he does say refuse to sacrifice form but I can't check while watching TV and struggling to keep up!

a friend (he is very tall) might need a back op, he was just 'running through' an injury and now some days he can't walk - he does ultra marathons and is so active, it's having an awful effect on him mentally

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now