Anyone else do Parkrun?

(53 Posts)
Ooopsadaisy Sat 11-May-13 10:43:11

It's (almost) the highlight of my week.

Really motivational and friendly.

Just wondered if I am alone and if anyone else loves it as much as I do?

jchocchip Mon 10-Jun-13 06:51:19

Coventry is flat according to my friend who ran there. But that might be relative as ours is 3 laps with a steep hill... no parkrun for me this week <withdrawal symptoms>

ItsNotUnusualToBe Sat 22-Jun-13 14:09:07

I ran parkrun. Whooooo hooooo. Last by a million miles (apart from the poor tail runner who has to watch my plodding arse all the way round . I did warn her at the start!

Despite being slooooow, I am delighted. The course was way hillier than I'd expected. Alarm bells should have been ringing when I found a runners world thread that described the course as 'unlikely for your PB, but not suicidal'.

I'm also posting on a C25K thread and hope it isn't bad form to post the above on two threads. But be grateful you only have to 'hear' it twice... My poor supportive family must surely be bored of my bragging by now grin

So, revised goals:
Run 3 times a week
Parkrun once a month
Brisbane parkrun in August.

Anyone else run today?

HeySoulSister Sat 22-Jun-13 17:12:40

I did!!!

my first one too....took ds with me,he ran too. he's 14. dd came to cheer us on. waiting for results now!! when are they roughly due,anyone know?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now