how do you do barre stuff (pilates/ballet) at home?

(6 Posts)
Mitchy1nge Fri 17-May-13 18:32:10

thanks, some good ideas!

I could just find a class but am trying to establish good daily yoga/Pilates/barre habits at home - running is making me stiff I think

LIZS Fri 17-May-13 17:05:06

laminate floor with plenty of underlay ? Chair with high back

taxi4ballet Fri 17-May-13 17:02:35

Until we found a portable barre going cheap on eBay, my daughter used a portable clothes rail.

You do need to weigh it down a bit to stop it waggling about though - we used old Argos catalogues!

Dejected Fri 10-May-13 11:52:47

When I did ballet (many years ago) and practiced at home my mum always made me use the back of a dining room chair as a barre. I don't think it would have occurred to her to buy a barre.

Could you make a portable barre yourself?

Love your user name grin

Mitchy1nge Fri 10-May-13 11:42:09

I was completely convinced that THOUSANDS of people would do barre exercises at home when I started this thread - not just using the back of the sofa either. Maybe I am a freak?

Mitchy1nge Fri 03-May-13 15:49:20

Ideas please if home is a very small house and you don't want to spend £££ on a portable barre?

I know it's easy enough to make a fixed one but the ideal room I have for that has a concrete floor and the thought makes me wince!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now