Garmin Forerunner10 reviews....

(7 Posts)
juicychops Thu 02-May-13 21:19:40

Please tell me what you think of this watch for running as im interested....

don't want to waste £100 if its poo...

Victoria3012 Thu 02-May-13 22:04:43

I've just bought one so I'm interested in people's opinions. Online reviews seem very good. I wanted a simple, no frills GPS watch and Garmin seems to be the brand name always mentioned. I find mine very very simple to use but im only a time/distance person at the moment. I bought the larger size in orange and it looks nice as far as this kind of watch can look smile

pennygallops Mon 06-May-13 08:43:25

I have Garmin Forerunner 110 - the pink and grey one. I love it. I use it for distance, time and pace when I am running. Then when I'm home, I upload the date on the website. I look at my splits (just out of interest or if I'd been trying a bit of interval training) and the calorie burn. All very simple to use.
I haven't got into the heart rate monitor.

EauRouge Mon 06-May-13 09:47:12

What's the difference between the 10 and the 110, is it just the heart rate monitor? What sort of data do you get on the website?

pennygallops Mon 06-May-13 11:20:49

You get lots of data - the splits for each k, lots of information on pace, elevation loss and gains, map of your run, weather and if I used the HRM there would be even more.
To be honest there is a ton of stuff I haven't explored properly.

YouMakeMeWannaLaLa Mon 06-May-13 18:27:16

I've had one for a couple of months. Very good and simple to use.

The only thing is it can sometimes take a while to find a signal. Never lost it halfway through or anything but it's frustrating having done a warm up, having to stand still with my wrist in the air before I can run (I think the signal times out if you don't use it immediately and I don't want to time/measure my warm up so don't want to find the signal beforehand).

Maybe I'm not in a brilliant signal area, though.

mercury7 Tue 07-May-13 01:24:04

I'm waiting for the 210 and the footpod thingy to be delivered, I'm very excited about charts and graphs grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now