ipod nano 7th generation Nike+ app

(2 Posts)
juicychops Thu 02-May-13 21:02:52

what do you think?

i want a new ipod as my shuffle has just broken. was considering the nano for the Nike+. i used to use the Nike+ wristband and shoe chip thing but gave up after a while as i just couldn't get it very accurate and ended up just using it as a watch

is the nano worth the extra money just for the Nike+? I can't decide whether to get this and give the Nike+ another go, or just get a shuffle for £40 and get a garmin maybe at xmas for the times/distances

applejelly Mon 06-May-13 14:09:00

I've been using my nano with Nike+ for a month now. I think Nike+ is very good. Distance is usually accurate to about 0.1/0.2 of a mile (I check afterwards on mapometer) and there is good info on pace and mile times. Some good motivational stuff too - I loved having Paula Radcliffe congratulate me after my last run!!

The ipod itself is great and I particularly like having the radio - I was laughing at Graham Norton while running, must have looked a bit insane!

The only drawback for me is that you can't (as far as I can see) pre-program a workout with timed beeps for doing intervals, so if that's something you need then a GPS or sports watch would be better.

HTH!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now