C25K - what app do you use?

(11 Posts)
5madthings Sun 28-Apr-13 11:34:18

Also use mapmyrun in the background for distance and pace stats.

5madthings Sun 28-Apr-13 11:33:34

I also used the zenlabs one, its free and you can play your own music with it, I have found it really good smile

EauRouge Sun 28-Apr-13 11:32:13

RunDouble does. I think there was a very slight variation in one of the weeks but it's basically the same as the NHS one. You get cues telling you when to run and walk and when you are halfway. You can opt to have updates on pace, distance etc but I switched them off because I found them too annoying.

YoniMatopoeia Sun 28-Apr-13 11:30:03

Thank you for the suggestions/info. Do they all follow the same basic programme and format? I.e. warm yp, cool down, run now, walk now, music in between?

dementedma Sat 27-Apr-13 18:48:02

I use the NHS one. Music is rubbish but like the motivation and encouragement from the narrator which really helps. I run Mapmyrun in the background for more stats.

sparkle12mar08 Fri 26-Apr-13 20:13:16

I use Zenlabs 'c25kfree', it's brilliant. You can use your own music (I set mine off first), it tells you when to run, when to walk, when you're half way, and has both warm up and cool down sections too. The voice fades in and out over the top of the music as necessary. I combine it with Endomondo so that I can track my pace and distance, as opposed to simply time.

HeySoulSister Fri 26-Apr-13 18:53:32

not great!! tho laura comments and motivates you,missed her at the end!

YoniMatopoeia Fri 26-Apr-13 18:36:22

Thank you both. What is the music like on the NHS ones?

EauRouge Fri 26-Apr-13 18:35:01

I used RunDouble, think it was about 99p for the full C25k version. You can listen to your own music and it tracks your pace and interval times if you use GPS.

jchocchip Fri 26-Apr-13 18:25:59

I did the nhs podcasts and enjoyed them.

YoniMatopoeia Fri 26-Apr-13 18:24:49

I know there are loads of threads on here about c25k, but I have seen peope saying that there are different apps that you can download.

Which one do you have, and what are the pros and cons.

I am on an android phone, if that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now