Cyclists, can you recommend me a cycle computer please?

(6 Posts)
MrsPennyapple Fri 26-Apr-13 21:12:16

DP doesn't have a smart phone, and is not likely to get one any time soon, so apps not much use to him smile I'll check out the Garmin's thing. Thank you!

FredFredGeorge Fri 26-Apr-13 20:43:27

bluebean Strava is very good - but the Garmin's let you use Strava too, much better and without draining the battery on the phone - useful if you need to call your wife to come rescue you when you get tired!

bluebean Fri 26-Apr-13 14:08:27

My DH bought a cycling computer thingie that he now never uses. He uses the free Strava app on his phone instead, which he thinks is much better:www.strava.com

MrsPennyapple Fri 26-Apr-13 13:59:12

Thanks FredFredGeorge

FredFredGeorge Thu 25-Apr-13 23:24:42

A garmin 500 or similar is about the sensible thing for that.

MrsPennyapple Thu 25-Apr-13 21:15:30

Hello, it's DP's birthday coming up, and I would like to get him a cycle computer. Ideally I'd like something that includes the basics like how far & how fast, but also information about fitness, such as how much energy he is using / calories burned off, something like that. Does such a thing exist? Are they any good? Can you recommend one please?

Alternatively if you've bought one and were disappointed, and you think they are a waste of money, do tell me! (And suggest an alternative gift for the hardest man in the universe to buy for.)

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now