Moonwalk 2013

(2 Posts)
kerchow Wed 24-Apr-13 13:30:01

I've signed up to do the Full Moon with some work colleagues and have it coming up in the next couple of weeks. I walk everywhere and have done a bit of training but i'm getting a bit nervous about the distance and the walking around London at night in a bra bit. Anyone doing it or done it before and have any tips?

Marrow Wed 24-Apr-13 13:48:57

Yes I did it last year and it was amazing, I was on a high for days afterwards. I have entered this year but unfortunately have had to pull out due to injury sad

I would say that you really need to get your long walks in. Are you doing your 20 mile training walk this weekend? Don't be nervous about doing it in your bra. It was disappointing last year how many people covered up.

Read all the info in the pack Walk the Walk have sent you. Pretty much all you need to know is in there. I would recommend that you make sure you drink plenty in the week leading up to the Moonwalk so that you are really well hydrated. This meant that I was able to not drink as much on the afternoon of the Moonwalk and only took sips as I was walking thus avoiding having to go to the loo en route (massive queues!)

Have an amazing night, you will remember it for the rest of your life!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now