London Marathon anyone?

(8 Posts)
Mandy21 Sun 14-Apr-13 22:25:15

7 days to go and getting a bit nervous, anyone else?!

Yonihadtoask Mon 15-Apr-13 14:56:11

I am not running, but am looking forward to watching on the TV.

Good luck to you runners!!

Pagwatch Mon 15-Apr-13 14:58:40

DS1 is running for the NAS - DS2 has autism.
He is very nervous although he as done 20 mile training runs. He is 19. It's his first marathon.

Good luck smile

slug Mon 15-Apr-13 15:50:10

If he's at the red start DD and I will cheer him on. We go every year.

Mandy21 Mon 15-Apr-13 17:15:09

Its my first marathon too, also running for a charity close to my heart. Think I will be fine if I can control the emotion!

Pagwatch good luck to your DS.

I'm supporting at Mile 17, at the Runners World official support point. Jelly babies, Jaffa cakes and hugs all availablesmile

I've run it five times and it is a blast! If you're not bothered about your time, take the time to high five the hundreds of children lining the route in the first seven miles, wonder at the Cutty Sark, relish running over the most beautiful Tower Bridge and just let your ears soak up the thousands of people yelling your name. Amazing experience.

Make sure you have your name on your running top so the supporters can call it out. And enjoy. It's the best day.

Wow sweetestthing that made me all goosebumpy!
Good luck. I'm doing my first half marathon in about 3 weeks would love to do the marathon

Mandy21 Tue 16-Apr-13 20:42:11

sweetestthing I do, I have my name on the front and some wording on the back saying why I'm doing it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now