Survival of the Fittest London

(4 Posts)
cheerup Sun 24-Mar-13 08:07:48

Thinking of doing this in November? Anyone done it in previous years?

To my (warped) mind, it looks fun. Kids agree. Dh thinks I'm mad.

I only run about 5K at the moment so need to increase my distances and def need to work on upper body strength but do lots of classes (Body Attack & Combat) and aerobic fitness is quite good.

So, a fun challenge or am I being overambitious?

Pleaseputyourshoeson Sun 24-Mar-13 11:14:32

I think it looks like a hoot and you've tempted me into it. I've just run my first 10k and am entering a half in the autumn so provided I keep training I think it might be really good fun - if a bit cold?!

CooEeeEldridge Wed 27-Mar-13 14:12:58

Hi cheerup, I'm doing this one- eek in 6 weeks! I'm like you in that my aerobic fitness from double / triple classes is pretty good but I haven't ran any distance properly for absolutely ages. I ran 10k the other day which was surprisingly ok, and I'm aiming for 10 miles tomorrow- ill let you know how I go!

I think they look good fun too! My enthusiasm dipped a bit when people were generally horrified I was entering, but after watching some tough mudder / rat race stuff on you tube I'm back to thinking it looks good fun! Have you entered anything before?

cheerup Fri 29-Mar-13 11:10:48

CooEeEldridgeThat looks even harder than Survival of the Fittest - would love to hear how you get on. I've never entered anything before but feel that I really need a training goal, and distance running on it's own doesn't seem very fun or exciting. I also thought that this would mean that I can't continue to neglect my upper body strength. Also that I need to get over my aversion to doing anything outside unless it's upwards of 15 degrees and sunny!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now