general running thread

(361 Posts)
LillethTheCat Sun 17-Mar-13 14:48:31

I mean for everyone including those who have graduated from the C25K. Do we have one?

Im coming up to my one year anniversary of running now. I have started to do Parkruns as they have now started up near me. I have just come back from a 10K too and am currently feeling the post run euphoria. I would like to tell people about it, but DH isn't that interested (just like Im not interested in his hobbies)

So do we have a thread already which I cant find? Or can this be it?

kiwibella Sat 04-May-13 13:46:14

that is amazing progress Victoria!! No wonder you feel elated smile

EauRouge Sat 04-May-13 13:50:49

Yes, I was there! We'll have to meet up for a cup of tea afterwards sometime. I'm going to be marshalling next week.

Victoria, very well done! In only 4 months too! That's an amazing achievement.

Victoria3012 Sat 04-May-13 13:54:33

Thank you smile I just had to tell someone. I substituted running for smoking and every time I had terrible cravings I'd put my c25k on and get out of the house.

Victoria that's brilliant progress! Well done indeed.

EauRouge Sat 04-May-13 15:11:03

Wow, I got a new PB! By 6 seconds grin

kiwibella Sat 04-May-13 15:33:41

my pb was 3 minutes!! I felt like I walked more this week so I am very surprised... and thrilled, of course.

any improvement is a pb EauRouge smile tea sounds fab. I will probably run next Satuday... I'm doing the Moonwalk that night.

I am still waiting for my result. The last couple of weeks it's been almost midnight before the results have been posted so I'm not holding my breath!

Sorry - should have said well done on your PBs blush

melliebobs Sat 04-May-13 16:18:31

Well done to everyone with PB's smile

Pleaseputyourshoeson Sat 04-May-13 22:14:37

Well done Victoria that's brilliant in four months! I took a lot longer than that to get to your level! And well done everyone on their PB's. I'd be celebrating the 6 secs too if it was me - just equally a previous PB is a good thing IMO. Just been to see the new Al Modivar movie - what a weird off the wall experience that was!

melliebobs Mon 06-May-13 08:02:03

Just a case of tackling another hilly 5k race today. And I feel horrendous confused

LillethTheCat Wed 08-May-13 13:40:28

Hi everyone,

OP here. Sorry Ive not been around, my laptop broke and internet was limited sad

I have been running though. Did 7 miles this morning.

A couple of weeks ago I did the Sunderland 10K and did it in under an hour (59:04). The Parkruns have really improved my speed. My next one isn't until June though. Race that is, not Parkrun.

Im thinking of trying to get on to a really popular half marathon in Jan (places usually are all filled within half an hour of being open), but Im a little nervous as its one that really good runners know about and Im not. Will that matter though? Someone has to be last, why not me?

Im going to do a 10 mile race in Nov too.

Well done on all the running everyone.

EauRouge Sat 11-May-13 11:13:00

So, who did Parkrun this morning? I was marshalling today along with the DDs. DD2 tried to sabotage it by pointing in the opposite direction to where the runners needed to go.

Victoria3012 Sat 11-May-13 13:49:51

I did my long run today, 12k in 1 hour 17 minutes. I've eaten last nights left over Chinese food, put a bag of frozen peas on each knee cap and had a sweet cup of tea and I feel as good as new again smile hope you all had great park runs x

melliebobs Sat 11-May-13 17:24:00

Was our parkruns 1st birthday today. Absolutely lashed it down but an attendance record! And I knocked 1m2s n got my PB down to 31m29

No park run for me today - I had to go to an OU tutorial. Looking forward to a long run tomorrow <itchy feet>

melliebobs Mon 13-May-13 14:15:39

Did my hill n speed based session today. Covered 6k altogether but a lot of walking cos was trying to work maximally. Not nice on an empty stomach and in the cold and hail shock

martha2013 Tue 14-May-13 20:06:37

Hi everyone. Just read through the entire thread, very motivating! Hope you don't mind if I join in. I'm currently 41 weeks pregnant and although I've had a very active 9 months, I can't wait to run again! How long did everyone give it post birth? Before pregnancy my long weekend run was unto 18 miles in 2hrs40, I was targeting doing a full marathon by the end of this year. Is that a ridiculous target now? Hope everyone is enjoying the slightly nicer weather, happy running x

melliebobs Wed 15-May-13 07:46:12

I waited best part of 10 months shock had an emcs though n poorly baby n ebf so running was last thing in my mind. N even at ten months even though I'd stayed active with alooooot of running I felt a mess like my scar was going to split and my insides fall out shock even now 14 months later it still gives me jip

martha2013 Wed 15-May-13 10:16:02

Oooh melliebobs, poor you that sounds painful. Got my fingers crossed I am fortunate enough to have a natural birth although the further overdue I go the more I worry this won't happen. I'm signed up for a 5k race for life on the 30th of June but maybe that's a bit ambitious. I do plan on bf as I did with my son. Had so many leaky boob situations when running after him
....tried to pull it off as weird sweat patches I think!

melliebobs Wed 15-May-13 18:50:25

Lol I had a few of those 2. Even with black tops on it was still very apparantly white. Whoopsgrin

Well this afternoon I had gait analysis and a new pair of trainers to replace the ones that I've run through the back of. I've had it a few times n find it fascinating grin got some funky Asics ones again, ran over a mile trying on 5 different pairs! And they were reduced from £100 to £70. And even on sale stock NHS staff get a further 10% off. WINNER! I've got 30 days to road test them n I get a free 16 week training plan through Full Potential too. Not bad! Can't wait to give them a proper go tommorow smile oh AND there's a free running club from the shop too so going to try it next week smile

Pleaseputyourshoeson Wed 15-May-13 20:24:08

Injured - sooooooo annoyed!!! Pulled hamstring. That's my training plan scuppered.

melliebobs Sat 18-May-13 07:44:43

Its Saturday. Which means ParkRun. In the new trainers from hell shock if they still break my feet after this they are going back to where they came from sad

EauRouge Sat 18-May-13 08:31:53

Oh no sad I hope your feet don't get ruined!

No ParkRun for me today. I've been feeling really dizzy lately (drug side effects) and I had to sit down for ages after my last run. Don't fancy driving in that state so I'm just going to go for a run around the village instead.

Good luck, everyone!

Just back from a chilly parkrun. I cycled there (uphill), so my legs were tired before I even started. I am not expecting a great time.

Hope the shoes were OK mellie and that you feel better soon pleaseput. And sorry to hear about your dizziness Eau. Have you had your baby yet martha?

DH had his knee operation on Tuesday (meniscus repair, ACL reconstruction and some sort of bone graft on his knee cap to repair wear and tear caused by the lack of working ACL). No running for him for 3 months, and even then only light jogging in a straight line sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now