Best Ladies cycling tights to protect those bits :)

(5 Posts)
Abzs Sun 17-Mar-13 20:56:47

Have you tried adjusting the position of your saddle? I know from experience that moving it forward/back a bit or changing the angle up/down a bit can make a big difference. It can also affect how your wrists/elbows feel too as your weight is shifted on or off them.

I also second going commando in the padded shorts. The seams and edges of knicker legs always get in the wrong place.

You might also want to consider a gel saddle cover.

docsarah Tue 12-Mar-13 15:30:32

Definitely second a good saddle - I use a Brookes B17 as well as a Charge Spoon and they both make a world of difference. Also slather on bottom butter/chammy cream all over your bits before you put your shorts on, it makes a huge difference.

Are you wearing pants under your shorts? I can only wear seam free pants - otherwise commando is the best option.

Once I've done all that, then I find shorts to be much of a muchness but I know some people who swear by Pearl Izumi Sugar Pants, I think they're called

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 09-Mar-13 21:02:26

Make sure you have a women's specific saddle that is quite firm. Your squishy bits should not be supporting your weight in any way.

stirrupleathers Sat 09-Mar-13 21:00:42

Hi, I have been training for a charity cycle ride and even though I have padded shorts (muddy fox) and wear big pants and leggings over the top as its so cold I’m still struggling in the foo department!! any tips ? I’m really smarting after a few miles!!!! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now