C25k - just did my first run!!!

(657 Posts)
flossyfloo Sun 03-Mar-13 19:16:35

I can't believe I managed to do it! I am very unfit and about 3 stone overweight. But I did it grin

Just wanted to share with someone as I'm very proud of myself at the moment blush

Theyoniwayisnorthwards Wed 26-Jun-13 22:11:27

I'll learn from all of your wisdom and keep building slowly. Ran 20 mins non-stop for the first time today and I felt like I could have kept going. Starting to really love running, who ever would have thought..

wibblyjelly Wed 26-Jun-13 22:18:01

Well done, Yoni! That's it now, you're hooked!

FoundAChopinLizt Wed 26-Jun-13 22:20:34

I can't believe how the C25K actually works. And it's free. I am a running bore evangelist.

I was very resistant to the idea of exercise for the sake of exercise. My dms theory was always that it was for people who were sexually frustrated.

Theyoniwayisnorthwards Wed 26-Jun-13 23:09:07

I bore on about it to my friends too! I am fitter than I've been since drama school and half way to Pre-baby weight at 7 months PP, it took me 18 months to get to this size after my first. The sense of achievement is addictive smile, also love how encouraging and supportive this thread is and feel lucky to be a few weeks behind most of you and inspired by your progress!

Theyoniwayisnorthwards Sun 30-Jun-13 22:54:10

Just finished week 7 and ran 25 minutes!

sparkle12mar08 Mon 01-Jul-13 13:41:42

Afternoon all!

Did my first run in a week today, nice countryside trundle, 6km, 40mins. Didn't see much wildlife for a change, but it felt really good being out in the air and the sun. I just wanted to ease my legs back into it really, and I'm glad I didn't go further as I ache a little now!. Hopefully will do 8km ish on Weds, and maybe back up to 10 again by Fri, we'll see. Spent the weekend eating masses of hog roast at the family farm - need to work some of it off! Top tip - never google 'calories in pork crackling'...

FoundAChopinLizt Tue 02-Jul-13 12:01:41

Mmm, pork crackling grin

We've got a hog roast on Friday, it must be the season for it.

I went out today and did a relaxed 30mins, 5.1k, but was just aiming to be comfortable and to test out my slightly dodgy calf. All seems well. Only minor niggle is sweat in my eyes-does anyone use a head band?

My next goal is a sub 1hr 10k before Christmas, so I'm going to increase the time of my runs by 10% each week until I get in the 10k range, then work on speed. So 33mins next week, 36mins after that and so on.

I have read not to increase speed and effort at the same time. After injuring my calf I want to play it safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now