C25k - just did my first run!!!

(657 Posts)
flossyfloo Sun 03-Mar-13 19:16:35

I can't believe I managed to do it! I am very unfit and about 3 stone overweight. But I did it grin

Just wanted to share with someone as I'm very proud of myself at the moment blush

FoundAChopinLizt Fri 26-Apr-13 16:12:24

Don't you think you better get seen by the GP?are you using ibuleve or similar already?

HalleLouja Fri 26-Apr-13 16:12:50

I have proper running trainers and am sure it helps. I got my gait analysed too.

eminemmerdale Fri 26-Apr-13 16:48:01

Oh I'm sure it's not that bad grin they're just a bit swollen at the sides (sinovial fluid dh says) ad sore. Am resting with an ice pack

wibblyjelly Fri 26-Apr-13 18:20:24

W2 W1 done, I thought I was doing quite well, until about halfway through, when it suddenly got very hard! Finished though!

sadlovedgirl Fri 26-Apr-13 21:07:49

Wow I'm so pleased with myself I've just finished week 2!
I'm doing my running on a track, I know it's a cop out cos there's no hills but its great cos I could work out how far I'm running on each 90 second rep and I found that by the end I'd definitely run faster than I did on Monday.
I'm finding that I'm really enjoying running when I never in a million years thought I would and I'm almost sorry that I'm not running again now until Monday!!

FoundAChopinLizt Sat 27-Apr-13 09:17:56

Well done wibbly.

Finished w2! Went well, I am surprising myself. Now enjoying porridge and coffee. My running class homework was to run one minute walk one minute ten times,so I think w2 is easily equivalent.

Emin hope knees are improving?

FoundAChopinLizt Sat 27-Apr-13 09:23:42

And well done sad, we're at the same stage exactlysmile

FoundAChopinLizt Sat 27-Apr-13 09:25:11

And hello Halle! Week 5 envyenvy

HalleLouja Sat 27-Apr-13 09:32:11

I have got to week 9 and a little beyond not that long ago. Am achey today but also did a class on Thursday....

HunterWellies Sat 27-Apr-13 12:02:48

Morning runners smile (Just)

Finished week 6 this morning and I am now utterly convinced that it is easier at this stage to drop the interval runs.

22 minute block today was noticeably easier than the two 10 minutes I did on Thursday and I was out on the beer last night.

So, week 7 starts Monday. 5k I'm coming to get you.......

newbeliever Sat 27-Apr-13 12:03:44

Hi everyone, due to do w6r2 today but I think I'm going to give it a miss today. Yesterday was my 'rest day' but I ended up going to the gym (first time in 10 years!!) with a friend who had a guest pass and I don't want to overdo it. Found it all rather boring compared to running outside - was more curious than anything to see how my progress translated to fitness at the gym and my assessment came out as moderately fit - which I was pleased with considering I hadn't done any form of exercise for a long time before starting C25k. I'm a bit achey today and i can't run tomorrow as I'm on a day trip to Paris - grin Will report back Monday.

newbeliever Sat 27-Apr-13 12:05:43

Well done Hunter!!

HunterWellies Sat 27-Apr-13 12:08:03

Thanks New. We will sync up at some point I'm sure wink Sounds like you've earned yourself a croissant in the meantime, have a fabulous day trip!

newbeliever Sat 27-Apr-13 12:10:41

Or a wine or two!! Thanks Hunter.

eminemmerdale Sat 27-Apr-13 13:21:38

I thought I may die with pain last night - and slept badly but today they seem a lot better thanks grin may give it a miss for a couple of days though sad

elliemummaroos Sat 27-Apr-13 18:26:21

I'm restarting c25k. I've signed up for a 5k with DD for charity so slightly worried!! Eek wish me luck guys! Ellie xXx

dementedma Sat 27-Apr-13 18:46:19

W3 finished with a flamboyant extra SEVEN minutes tacked on the end just because I could lol. Am feeling it now though

binger Sat 27-Apr-13 19:02:05

Hi all, great another running thread! I posted on another one but the more the better. Can I join you please? I'm due to do w2r3 tomorrow morning but I'm on the wine tonight so we'll see.

I did a 10k 3 years ago and started as a total beginner then and starting from scratch again with c25k. Really enjoying it so far but it's still very early stages. We'll see how I do with the first 10 min run - eek.

elliemummaroos Sat 27-Apr-13 20:53:15

I did w1r3 and felt good. Looking forward to week 2!! Ellie xXx

sadlovedgirl Sat 27-Apr-13 21:25:52

Hello all
Been to go outdoors today and got a great pair of leggings to run in as the pair I was using have stretched either that or I've shrunk highly unlightly and I kept having to hitch them up whilst running, not a pretty sight I can assure you! Anyway I'm really looking forward to Monday now and being able to use them.

NoBusinessLikeSnowBusiness Sun 28-Apr-13 09:32:29

My mumis coming up later so I can go for a run while dp's away after all. Hurrah!

Emin I had a dodgy knee prior to starting c25k. I did my first two runs in walking shoe/trainers and then went and got gait analysed and invested in a good pair of running trainers after lots of fabulous help from the shop staff. They were £75 but worth every penny as I wouldn't still be going without them. I'd really recommend getting a proper pair, which doesn't have to cost as much as that by the way. Your knees and other joints will thank you.

HalleLouja hello. It was your reading your thread that was one of the reasons I started running, so thanks for that grin. Good luck with second time round. I bet it's easier.

EauRouge Sun 28-Apr-13 09:35:35

sadloved, you might be surprised, I dropped a dress size in 5 weeks!

How are you getting on Snow? So close to the end!

eminemmerdale Sun 28-Apr-13 09:51:00

So pissed off sad My knees are still really painful. Does this mean I have to stop? It's ridiculous - I'm not unfit - why has it happened - really want to carry on <self pitying>

eminemmerdale Sun 28-Apr-13 09:51:45

Snow - where did you go?

meebles Sun 28-Apr-13 11:12:05

Emin I had painful knees week 1/2, and I rested them for a week and did some knee exercises that Eau recommended further upthread. That really helped me.

if you have a condition that might affect your kness p'raps some professional advice might be beneficial?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now