Does anyone do trail running?

(5 Posts)
EauRouge Tue 05-Feb-13 09:04:39

I'm getting curious about it. I have some woodlands near me that I could run through and it would make a nice change to my road route maybe once a week. How trashed do your clothes/shoes get? I know that trail shoes are recommended but what other gear would I need? I assume trousers rather than shorts? Thanks smile

I'm guessing trail running is what we always used to call cross-country! I run along field boundaries and things - you get a bit muddy but really I don't think you'll need any specific kit apart from shoes. I've got a pair of what I call hybrids which are OK for both. You can wear shorts if you like, unless the paths are quite overgrown.

I do a bit of this. I bought some trail shoes and run along the Ridgeway near where I live. It's fantastic, but trainers get really heavy with chalky mud when it's wet. I'd really like to do a trail race but am training for my first (road) half marathon atm.

TheFallenNinja Fri 08-Feb-13 08:03:52

I do loads of trail running and kit wise I use Adidas Kanadia, everything else is usual running gear really.

I plan my route before I go and always take my phone.

It's loads more fun than road running :-)

EauRouge Fri 08-Feb-13 08:08:21

Thanks for the recommendation and the tips smile

holmes - it's clay mud around here, sticky stuff! So might have to stop and scrape every so often. I've seen some 5k trail races that I might like to enter later in the year maybe. I'll have to see how it goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now