My running mojo has deserted me - 10 days before HM. Help!!

(4 Posts)
tulip27 Sun 10-Feb-13 09:03:41

Read a really inspirational running book like ' running with the Kenyans' or ' born to run '
I always find that helps .
Good luck

I was reading an article in Runners' World which recommended meditation to improve running as an experience. It didn't claim it would improve performance, but people said it had re-awakened their enjoyment of running. Worth a try?

ILoveTIFFANY Tue 29-Jan-13 11:01:56

I found some new music has helped me!

A huge difference

Paddingtonblue Mon 28-Jan-13 23:55:40

I have ten days till my first half marathon and my mojo has disappeared. I used to LOVE my running, it was time for me, a break from the children and some time to think, as well as making me feel better and more energised. In the last couple of weeks though, I am basically swearing my way through my runs, grumbling to myself and have none of that fabulous joy that you feel on a good run. It is summer here where I am, and I am fit enough and have done some long runs without over training, but my bloody mind has gone all negative on it. Anyone got any idea how to shut my brain up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now