Any crossfit fatties?

(9 Posts)
Selks Sun 27-Jan-13 22:20:17

What is crossfit?

Parasaurolophus Sun 27-Jan-13 22:17:03

Go for it! Crossfit is so welcoming, everyone will support you. My box has people of all different shapes and everyone is very friendly and welcoming.

Lizzy1975 Sun 27-Jan-13 21:51:40

Hello! Well, I'm not a 'fattie' but I am seriously unfit, have never exercised - ever - am 38 and had a baby six months ago. I am about to start Crossfit to shift the baby weight and because I want to be strong and healthy. Seriously scared, but have been assured by my trainer that its scaleable to everyone's abilities, even complete lightweights like myself (such a weakling, I couldn't lift the bar that they use to demonstrate with, which doesn't even have any weight on it...). If I can do it you can. Good luck!

Needabitofsunshine Sat 26-Jan-13 18:42:06

Yes, 60lbs in total now, still another 10 or so to go! I've been paleo a lot of the time, always plus wine... Now strict mon-fri and let the weekends go a bit. Go for it, what's the worst that can happen???

Oh thank you thank you.did you do paleo alongside?I take it you lost the weight?what inspiration!

Needabitofsunshine Sat 26-Jan-13 08:12:03

Yes! Well I was... I started Crossfit about 40lbs ago, so no longer a Crossfit fattie. I have no experience of Crossfit in the UK, but I would imagine you wouldn´t be the only one for sure. It´s a great way to start PROVIDED you are going to a good gym with good trainers. If you´re coming from no exercise at all, don´t be disillusioned by the fact that they are scaling the workouts for you - this is a good thing. Even now, nearly 3 years on, I´m still scaling some things. It´s a fab way to get quick results (although you work for them!). You´ll work harder than you ever thought possible, but it´s short and sweet and you´ll get to do a lot of fun things along the way. Try it out, I´m sure your gym will do a free intro.

Have fun smile

kaumana Fri 25-Jan-13 22:09:28

Post "in the club" big slim whatever forum, you"ll get responses there. This thread doesn't get much traffic.

I guess that answers that then smile maybe I should,nt

hi I am over 14 st. blush and having had 8 children my body is in a bit of a state ,however, i am trying to pluck up the courage to attempt crossfit.is it a no go?has anyone attempted it as a fattie and was successful?its a lot of money to waste on my yet again new intentions to get healthy and fit.I don't have any issues with the paleo way of eating ( other than sticking to it smile ) as I feel much better low Carbing anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now