Headaches after running.

(8 Posts)
narmada Wed 23-Jan-13 23:44:07

Have you had this all your life?

Go and get it checked by your GP. It is prob just benign exertional headache - this is what mine are - but other things should be ruled out.

Pippinintherain Fri 11-Jan-13 21:37:12

Thank you, will try that.

indiegrrl Fri 11-Jan-13 16:45:46

I found I had to take it easy on working days and eat plenty of carbs and protein at mealtimes on running days. As I've got more experienced they have stopped completely smile

Pippinintherain Wed 09-Jan-13 12:13:21

I only run 4 miles, I don't eat before so will try that and try to drink more too. This has the downside of making me need to wee when running though!

ThatVikRinA22 Tue 08-Jan-13 21:21:13

make sure you eat something an hour or so before you run and really drink loads of water - do you carry water with you while running?

how far are you running?

it sounds like dehydration to me - or you are doing too much too soon.

seventynil Tue 08-Jan-13 21:17:39

Could it be low blood sugar...? I have diabetes, so not quite the same issue, but if my sugar levels drop, especially after exercise, my head pounds...its usually how I know to stop and get some juice or something...!

Nicnocknoo Tue 08-Jan-13 19:56:14

Watching with interest as I am currently laid up with a mega headache after a long run today. I have just bought an iron supplement as I was wondering if I was maybe getting a little anaemic as also very tired - not sure if headache could be part of that)...

Pippinintherain Mon 07-Jan-13 13:05:21

I often get awful headaches after a run, I try to drink enough water but was wondering if there are any supplements etc I could take to help?

I love running it getting fed up of feeling so crap afterwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now