What app for C25K?

(8 Posts)
Thistledew Sat 05-Jan-13 10:39:41

What app do you use? Would you recommend it?

I want to get started on running but am stuck at the moment trying to pick a C25K app. The only stipulation I have at the moment is no music or being able to listen to my own music.

Any recommendations gratefully received, thanks!

NulliusInBlurba Sat 05-Jan-13 11:01:40

I use Run Buddie but it wasn't free. I don't know if you're prepared to pay something. It's also a general jogging app which functions with beeps for the timings you programme into it, so you would need a C25K written plan too. The advantage is that you then have the app for use once you've completed the 5K.
But my best recommendation is for a podcast done by an irritatingly upbeat American called Rawwburrrrt ie Robert. He does a podcast for each of the 9 weeks of the programme. Yes the accompanying music is terrible, but he's great at 'you can do it' type motivation.

ILoveTIFFANY Sat 05-Jan-13 11:03:48

I use 'ease into c25k'

It's a 'bluefin' app... Play your own music and it says 'run' 'walk'

BikeRunSki Sat 05-Jan-13 11:09:36

I used the NHS podcasts. I like the little motivational chats, and the music is OK. it is well planned with the right kind of bpm at the right times.

Thistledew Sat 05-Jan-13 11:13:06

I don't mind paying a few quid. I only need it to go up to 5k at the moment - I actually am really not keen on running and don't intend to get into it much but a friend has challenged me to do a triathlon with her in June so I need to be able to run 5k pretty comfortably by then.

I don't think I would get on with cheesy American motivation. A simple 'run' '1 minute until walking' 'walk' type instruction is what I am after.

BellsaRinging Sat 05-Jan-13 11:19:22

I used run double-it's free for the first 2 weeks so you can see if you like it and I think about 2 quid after that. You can play radio and own music with it.

ILoveTIFFANY Sat 05-Jan-13 11:25:05

The one I mentioned is simple.

Idocrazythings Mon 14-Jan-13 19:52:02

I second tiffanys one. They have a FB page too if that's your thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now