GET FIT and/or LOSE WEIGHT in 2013: Support and motivation thread

(82 Posts)
Croccy1979 Fri 28-Dec-12 15:19:43

I have decided to get fit in 2013 after being somewhat lazy in the second half of 2012 so thought I would start a support thread so we can motivate and support each other (and congratulate each other on our successes of course!).

Feel free to join, whatever your fitness goal is, whether it's running a marathon or 5K. Just post your fitness goal below and then keep us updated of your progress....

I will start: I am generally quite fit but got really lazy in the second half of 2012. My (first) fitness goal for 2013 is to run 10k by the end of February........my second goal is to tone up my bottom, as it used to be quite nice (if I do say so myself) but now it is looking rather out of shape......

Ouch hmm your heel sounds painful! What about vaseline? That might help.

You sound like you've had a fab weekend!! (Apart from the blister)

It's alright this morning, the skin is growing back so I think it just needed some moisture to heal, dpb has a massive tub of vaseline somewhere so I'll try find that when I get home to slather on! Thanks!

It was a good weekend but my goodness I was bloody tired come monday grin

Bump! How is everybody doing?

The skin still hasn't completely healed on my ankle! But I'm back to climbing again after a few missed weeks. Feels good!

BsshBossh Fri 08-Feb-13 14:15:59

Hello, jumping back in here. I've increased my gym sessions to 4-5 times a week (need to get value for money out of the monthly £££ fee!). I was getting too cold for swimming so am exclusively (until it warms up more) doing cardio at the gym - speed walking on a treadmill at around 80% of my maximum heartrate so I'm getting quite sweaty doing it plus using the stepper machine. 45 mins in total. I feel so fit and energised!

Started the 5:2 way of eating last week and surprisingly have managed to exercise on my fast days. I find exercise an appetite suppresent (sp?). Hae lost 5lbs since I started 5:2 so that takes me to total 51lbs lost since February last year.

When I reach target weight I am going to ramp up to a heavy lifting strength training programme.

I am addicted to exercise I think!

Nice work grin How do you know that you're at 80% of your heart rate? & With the 5:2 thing, do you have nothing but water on fast days or is it liquid foods? How much more are you aiming to lose? 51lb so far is awesome.

I'm not exercising much at the moment embarrassingly. I want to get my hoop out though!

BsshBossh Sat 09-Feb-13 12:39:47

Can't remember how I worked it out but I searched it on Google

BsshBossh Fri 15-Feb-13 20:01:56

Have just completed week 1 of Couch to 5k. I would love to run properly. This is my next fitness goal smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now