Gym mat for dd to use at home

(8 Posts)
LadyLetch Sun 30-Dec-12 14:00:21

You can buy them on eBay. I have a proper gym mat, which is two inches thick. My DDs (who do competitive gymnastics already) are forever flicking at home, so we got the mat. It really is a lifesaver. Try implay I think they were called, but if you search eBay for gymnastics mats, they come up and you can order a variety of colours and sizes for about £40.

mckenzie Wed 12-Dec-12 21:58:34

Thanks for the posts. DD does gym at school but she's forever doing it at home too and we'd like something a bit more protective than the carpet!

dishwashervodkaanddietirnbru Wed 12-Dec-12 21:48:57

this gets good reviews

bigTillyMincePie Wed 12-Dec-12 21:45:50

DD does gym. They use the proper thick gym mats (like the ones used in school PE lessons) a bit like these

How old is she and what is she really trying to do? Is there any chance that she could go to a gym club where it would be safer with the right equipment and supervision?

mckenzie Wed 12-Dec-12 21:39:47

It needs to be thicker I think deste as it's to protect her head, back etc should she fall when doing a movement.

deste Wed 12-Dec-12 21:29:03

Do you mean something like a yoga mat. I would try and get a non slip one if it is.

mckenzie Wed 12-Dec-12 17:13:54

bump

mckenzie Mon 10-Dec-12 21:13:55

She happily does cartwheels from room to room etc but I would rather like a mat for head stands into forward rolls etc. the Internet is full of them so how do I know what to look for please?
Tia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now