Gym mat for dd to use at home

(8 Posts)
mckenzie Mon 10-Dec-12 21:13:55

She happily does cartwheels from room to room etc but I would rather like a mat for head stands into forward rolls etc. the Internet is full of them so how do I know what to look for please?
Tia

mckenzie Wed 12-Dec-12 17:13:54

bump

deste Wed 12-Dec-12 21:29:03

Do you mean something like a yoga mat. I would try and get a non slip one if it is.

mckenzie Wed 12-Dec-12 21:39:47

It needs to be thicker I think deste as it's to protect her head, back etc should she fall when doing a movement.

bigTillyMincePie Wed 12-Dec-12 21:45:50

DD does gym. They use the proper thick gym mats (like the ones used in school PE lessons) a bit like these

How old is she and what is she really trying to do? Is there any chance that she could go to a gym club where it would be safer with the right equipment and supervision?

dishwashervodkaanddietirnbru Wed 12-Dec-12 21:48:57

this gets good reviews

mckenzie Wed 12-Dec-12 21:58:34

Thanks for the posts. DD does gym at school but she's forever doing it at home too and we'd like something a bit more protective than the carpet!

LadyLetch Sun 30-Dec-12 14:00:21

You can buy them on eBay. I have a proper gym mat, which is two inches thick. My DDs (who do competitive gymnastics already) are forever flicking at home, so we got the mat. It really is a lifesaver. Try implay I think they were called, but if you search eBay for gymnastics mats, they come up and you can order a variety of colours and sizes for about £40.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now