Quickest way to improve body shape??

(11 Posts)
Quodlibet Sun 16-Dec-12 10:41:56

OP dunno where you are but in London there's Ten Pilates and Bootcamp that do dynamic Pilates. It is a LOT more challenging than normal Pilates which I found boring too. First couple of sessions you will be shaking and wobbling, but you gain form really fast.

bigbuttons Sun 16-Dec-12 10:19:48

Jillian Michaels. Nothing works faster.

Movingforward123 Sun 16-Dec-12 10:18:38

Oh I've never heard of dynamic Pilates, my gym does Pilates but I find that instructor burning. I will look into other classes. If my back was stronger it would make a massive difference.

Quodlibet Sun 16-Dec-12 10:14:40

If you've got a bad back you might find dynamic Pilates (high intensity on a reformer) really makes a difference. 10 sessions of that transformed my fitness levels and marked the end of my cycle of back problems. Once you've got the core strength sorted a lot of other things (including running, weirdly) become easier and more doable.

Movingforward123 Sun 16-Dec-12 10:05:16

Well I've now contacted a personal trainer so I'm waiting to hear back. I might try 30 day shred again but not feeling too motivated right now.

Spoiltexpatbrat Sun 09-Dec-12 19:52:54

A personal trainer is fantastic to change your mindset, I will be able to do lots of exercises in my own once I decide not to use her anymore.

If you can only do twice a week make other small changes, ie always use stairs and not lift. Walk a little faster, ditch the car and walk if possible.

Also download the tabata timer. Set the clock for 20 or 30 seconds and do a fast paced cardio activity. Run the stairs, skip, jumping jacks etc. repeat about 10 times (different movement each time) this is a great quick and easy way to burn a few cals and get the heart working! Try doing the plank, sit ups etc when you get tired or cardio. This way the core gets a work out too. It only requires a small space at home

Movingforward123 Sun 09-Dec-12 17:41:39

stunt I really don't think I can manage 5 times per week right now confused

I also have back problems and when I start exercising my back gets worse!

Movingforward123 Sun 09-Dec-12 17:40:08

spoilt thanks smile well done on your weight loss.

I am thinking about getting a personal trainer for a little while once I have got down to the weight I want to be, or at least close. Really I can work out 2-3 times per week, but it is Lilkly to be twice as I am also studying and working so have a lot on.

StuntNun Sun 09-Dec-12 10:37:21

I found that frequency makes the most difference - five hour-long sessions a week made a rapid change to body shape whereas three hour-long sessions were good for fitness but not for losing weight/inches.

Spoiltexpatbrat Sun 09-Dec-12 10:35:25

A combination of cardo and strength exercise is the best way to approach this.

After having dc2 I got the all clear to start exercising again, in the last 4 months I have lost over a stone. However I only started really exercising about 7 weeks ago.

I have a personal trainer 2x a week, attend a Zumba class and do Pilates.

My body shape has changed, no so much from the weight loss but a combination of all of the above

Pilates has changed my posture, I walk taller, my back is straighter and my shoulders are squarer.

Weight training has changed the shape of my arms and legs, both appear to be firmer.

Abs has taken my waist down at least 4 inches, I can feel a six pack under the layers of excess fat.

All I have to do now is the really 'up' the cardio, to strip away the last half a stone of weight. Hopefully the new 'sculpted' body will show through!

Congratulations on the weight loss btw smile

Movingforward123 Sun 09-Dec-12 10:24:59

So I have finally kicked my ass into gear and using my fitness pal have lost 6lbs! I still have nearly a stone to go, but I'm feeling motivate and in the right zone so I know it is doable!

But I'm worried about my belly getting saggy as it has expanded with all the eating and I don't want that loose skin.

So im thinking the quickest way to tone up is body pump type classes? And I could also do the Swiss ball class as I now its good for the core.

I think shred would probably work better then anything but I don't feel motivated enough to jump around my tiny living room every night.

I also have a weighted hula hoop so will try to do some of that.

Do you think these things will get quick results?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now