cross country spikes

(7 Posts)
mckenzie Sun 02-Dec-12 20:49:38

I need some smile
I wore trail shoes for a cross country race last sunday and although I stayed upright, I was slipping by the second lap and my feet were getting held back in the mud.
Can anyone recommend a decent but not too expensive pair of XC spikes please ready for the next league race?
TIA

FredFredGeorge Mon 03-Dec-12 23:03:18

You can normally pick up Asics Hyper XC for not much e.g.25 quid here in size 5 and I find them pretty good - I think I paid under 20quid for mine a few years back and have been great. Not that I run XC more than a few times a year.

FredFredGeorge Mon 03-Dec-12 23:03:57

Was it at Nonsuch park btw? The mud was pretty horrendous there.

mollycuddles Tue 04-Dec-12 05:19:56

I bought some puma ones on eBay for under £30. Helped a lot with the slipping but the spikes picked up no end of fallen leaves.

Needabitofsunshine Tue 04-Dec-12 12:59:36

The snow has just arrived here - do you think they would work for snow & ice? Could you run on pavement for parts, icy and slippy? Or would the spikes be too long? Have been looking at the yak trax but they seem like they'd be v hard to run with.

FredFredGeorge Tue 04-Dec-12 14:57:25

needabitofsushine yes - maybe get some shorter spikes - the spikes are replaceable and don't cost much more than a coupld of quid for different lengths.

mckenzie Tue 04-Dec-12 18:55:52

not Nonsuch Park FredFredGeorge.
The local running club that use the venue where this sunday's race is have advised that spikes will definitely be best. I'm treating myself to an early christmas present. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now