How many times a week do you exercise ?

(55 Posts)
shaketheshame Tue 20-Nov-12 14:02:50

I have just started a new gym regime yesterday. A personal trainer made me a plan. I'm supposed to go this plan 3 times a week.

If I add a couple of classes (spin, body tone etc) and a 1 or 2 5k run in the mix, do you think I'll see some results ? I'm 2 stones overweight and 34 years old.

I'd like to hear from you !

Mercury - me too. I don't force myself to go at all, I just love it. Not so much the gym but I love the classes, esp spin, and I love pole fitness! If I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't do it so much but I am at the stage where I ab hate missing a session. I am lucky in the fact that I incorporate it into my working day. I work for a really small company so I go to the morning classes every day but take that as my lunch hour.

mercury7 Mon 26-Nov-12 12:41:36

i agree, for me it's not about having willpower so much as giving in to obsession and compulsion
shit! Did i really just admit that

Needabitofsunshine Mon 26-Nov-12 14:24:00

Yes, after a couple of rest days in a row if life´s too busy I´m getting a bit twitchy and desperate to throw some heavy things around smile Mmmm, endorphins smile

If you find it a struggle to fit it in with a long work day and commute, there are loads of bodyweight workouts you can do at home in the living room/garden. You can also gain a lot from an intense 5 min session, or a few throughout the day if that suits your lifestyle better. Maybe set yourself a challenge every week - if you´re starting out, maybe 50 squats every day, or 100 push ups etc. Easy to adjust to whatever level you´re on (just make sure it´s a bit of a struggle...).

I run 3 mornings a week and try to swim twice a week. I like to go for a bike ride (around 10 miles) at the weekend. I also walk to and from work 5 days a week which is 2-3 miles a day depending on which route I take.

shaketheshame Tue 04-Dec-12 15:49:44

This thread is depressing me a bit, my ankle still hurt and I did no exercise for 1 week and a half !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now