Fitness boot camps - how effective are they?

(4 Posts)

Ah, sorry, by bootcamp I just thought of one off intensive "away" thing, not the park training sessions blush.

TellMeLater Sun 04-Nov-12 09:25:57

Depends on the bootcamp, I go to a really effective one but have also been to a really crap one - as always the quality of the trainer is key, often the first trial session is free. I run but I also try to go to bootcamp twice a week as it really boosts my overall fitness & strength.
I don't ski but our bootcamp trainer ran sessons last year tailored to getting ski fit, so that might be worth looking into.

I am sure a decent boot camp would provide a great boost to kick start weight loss and fitness but one weekend (or even a week) in itself won't be enough to make a dramatic difference. If I were you I would spend the money on a personal trainer once a week for 10-12 weeks (and train 2-3 times a week in addition to that). He/she would specifically tailor a programme to get you as ski fit as possible and I am sure it will result in fat loss too.

cavell Tue 30-Oct-12 14:52:07

Just realised I only have a couple of months to go before I go skiing for the first time in a decade and am trying to work out the best way to improve my fitness in a short time. I need to build muscle strength and aerobic endurance - and if I could shift a few pounds at the same time, that would be fantastic.
I am thinking of giving one of the miltary-style bootcamps a go and just wondered whether anyone here had any experience of that type of class and how effective it was for improving fitness (and losing flab)?
Or is there a better way to improve fitness fast?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now