Should I get this bike?

(4 Posts)
FredFredGeorge Sat 27-Oct-12 22:32:33

The other felt in the same price range at wiggle - www.wiggle.co.uk/felt-qx-s95-2012/ is quite a bit more "city" and less off-roady. So it as a lighter fork and narrower tyres and stuff. But it is 90 quid more - so it's quite a difference.

This is a little cheaper - www.wiggle.co.uk/charge-scourer-2012/ - and is a pretty good deal, not super light - 2kg's more than the felt above, so it depends a bit what you have now - that would give you more money to spend on a rack and panniers and other useful bike stuff if you need it.

One thing to think about is how much tyres and position on the bike make a difference to how your bike feels - what bike do you have now?

SminkoPinko Sat 27-Oct-12 20:08:39

Thanks, FFG. Probably not the one I want, then! Do you have any recommendations? Do you think I would be able to get a glidey one in that price range?

FredFredGeorge Sat 27-Oct-12 20:05:42

It's not a bad deal at all, but it's not really glidey, light and fast - it's got enough strength built in to go off road, but of course at that price it means it's also got enough weight to make it not super light ad glidey.

SminkoPinko Sat 27-Oct-12 19:28:03

Am desperate for a glidey, light, quite fast bike. I do a daily commute of about 4 miles each way, mostly pretty flat with a few slightly uphill bits, and am about to start a new job that will involve quite a bit of gadding about by bike. smilesmilesmile Currently have heavy clunky v slow decathlon bike and it feels like I'm peddling through custard. I can spend about £500. Any recommendations? What do people think of this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now