Where do you get your cycle clothing from?

(10 Posts)
puggirl Tue 23-Oct-12 20:17:35

We have got a Decathlon not far away so will have a look there. Just going to sit down and search t-Internet sites too. Thanks for the advice smile

Bella1982 Tue 23-Oct-12 18:15:28

If you are looking for cheap stuff Decathlon or Sports Direct. I have also brought a few bargain pieces from TKMaxx as well (such as padded shorts, cycling jacket, thermals) but you have to get lucky. Although TK Maxx have a good selection of sportswear they don't always have cycle specific stuff in.
eBay is also worth a try - I have picked up a few bits from good brands like Pearl Izumi on eBay for cheap.
Also websites like Wiggle, Chain Reaction, Evans although not always the cheapest.

Caerlaverock Tue 23-Oct-12 09:07:25

Aldi stuff is great

WheelieBinRebel Tue 23-Oct-12 09:02:43

Do you have a Decathlon store near you? They are very reasonable and have a good range.

BistoBear Tue 23-Oct-12 08:45:15

TK Maxx sometimes have cycling gear if you
have time to rake about. Go Outdoors also have
a cycling bit. I'll also recommend Aldi/Lidl,
considering the price their stuff lasts really well smile

IndridCold Tue 23-Oct-12 08:41:39

The Lidl/Aldi stuff is amazing value, but it's not available all the time.

I've got a lot of stuff at Chain Reaction, especially during their sales.

jennylindinha Mon 22-Oct-12 22:32:40

Mind you, having seen hellhasnofury's post, I think I need to get to Lidl/Aldi!

jennylindinha Mon 22-Oct-12 22:30:17

Try Wiggle. They do really good stuff and often have offers (and send you a fiver off email now and then). They also send you haribo in the packaging grin at least they used to...

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Mon 22-Oct-12 22:22:52

DD gets hers from Aldi or Lidl, she is a triathlete and trains quite a bit but is a Uni student so money is tight. She finds their kit fits well and lasts.

puggirl Mon 22-Oct-12 22:09:47

Hello good ladies of mumsnet.
I am doing a coast to coast cycle ride next year and need to start acruing some suitable sportswear.
Please tell me where to look. I need things like padded shorts, long and short sleeve tops and a jacket.
If any recommendations could be made for specific items or websites I would be very grateful.
Sits back with a brew and hopes for some replies...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now