Tell me about your lovely mountain bike please - I'd like a new one.

(6 Posts)
rubyrubyruby Thu 18-Oct-12 16:31:28

I have a Specialized Myka Elite Sport Disc.

I can't tell you how much I love it grin

Thromdimbulator Mon 15-Oct-12 14:15:54

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes. Still looking!

I did manage to see a 15inch Myka - but something about the geometry just didn't seem to be working for me. 13 inch sounds tiny - but perhaps that's what I need? Wish there was somewhere that I could see a few different sizes and models without having them ordered and made-up specially.

LizzieMint73 Sat 13-Oct-12 21:55:42

Hi OP

If its not too late I had a Specialized Myka Elite before I upgraded to a Giant Anthem. It was a great bike and there's a few versions so you should get one within your budget. I'm sure it had the lock out suspension and unless you ride really extreme trails will be perfect. In some ways I wish I had kept mine (was influenced by DP who just wants new bike stuff All The Time). They come in a range of sizes but if you can get to a proper bike shop, they should be able to try one for size, but I would have thought the 13 inch frame would be right for you - I had a 17 inch frame but I'm 5'8

Thromdimbulator Tue 09-Oct-12 08:56:43

I have tried without but find riding off-road like trying to hold down a pneumatic drill. Feels more stable and definitely more comfortable with - but would like the option to lock it out when not needed.

lljkk Tue 09-Oct-12 05:37:24

Why do you want suspension?

Thromdimbulator Mon 08-Oct-12 20:17:09

Hi. Can anyone help with suggestions for a new mountain bike?

I think I'd like the following: small frame (I'm 5'2 ish), hardtail, suspension that can be locked-out, hydraulic disc brakes. Not convinced I'm tall enough to handle 29inch wheels - but who has tried? £500 ish - maybe a bit more if nobody tells.

Any recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now