Running a 10K tmrw and feeling a bit yuck! Help!

(7 Posts)
SerendipityAlways Sat 06-Oct-12 18:49:25

Running with a friend in a 10k road race tmrw and feeling a bit off - just bad head cold, lethargic etc which refuses to go away. Any good tips on some fast track solutions to feeling better soon, as have done lots of training and dont want to let friend down either???? Thanks!

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sat 06-Oct-12 22:23:16

Lemsip Day and Night capsules every 4 hours.

golemmings Sat 06-Oct-12 22:31:51

Gosh, what lousy timing. You poor thing. No real solutions but is it worth trying lots of fluid, pain kilers, an early night tonight? I have a race tomorrow, too and um trying to persuade myself that my ear ache is just tension in my neck which will be fixed by a hot shower, glass of wine,

Are you in Birmingham? Dp is doing one tomorrow. Hope you feel better and agree with bed, lots of liquid and some cold/flu capsules. Get well and good luck!

golemmings Sun 07-Oct-12 15:30:46

How did you get on?

SerendipityAlways Sun 07-Oct-12 17:21:54

Golemmings - You are all so kind, and thank you for your v helpful advice! Woke up feeling a lot better, but still not at 100%, might have failed a drugs test if checked due to all the paracetemol, etc I'd just taken!!! Went and gave it my all anyway with my friend, and had a pb, 56 mins which I'm really proud of!!!! Thank you all again!!

golemmings Sun 07-Oct-12 20:13:42

That's a cracking good time, seren. Well done! Hope you're feeling ok now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now