London marathon - anyone else got a place?

(8 Posts)
Clure Thu 18-Oct-12 22:30:36

loueytb Feel sympathy for your injury, I did my back last year and could not put one foot in front of the other and it was the longest I'd gone (3 weeks) without a run, its hell to stop isn't it once you have the running bug?! Wise to take it slowly till your achilles is better though

Loueytb3 Thu 18-Oct-12 21:28:16

Clure - am envy at you already doing a 23k run!

Loueytb3 Thu 18-Oct-12 21:27:03

None at the moment as I'm not supposed to be running until my achilles is sorted. I caved and did 5k today though. Having severe withdrawal symptoms.

I seriously need to read up on training plans. I am thinking of doing 3 runs a week and then one long one at the weekend, building up the miles as the weeks go by. Am about to sign up for a half marathon in March.

Clure Thu 18-Oct-12 19:25:34

welshweasel well done to you!
I have got a place in the Brighton Marathon. Not run a marathon before although have been running seriously for about 7 years. I've done a few half marathons and my long training run am up to 23k.
What training plans are any of you following? I was thinking of trying (on advice of some friends who have used it) "Run Less Run Faster" which used 3 training runs a week plus doing other strength type/spin classes.

welshweasel Mon 15-Oct-12 22:05:32

Yes I got a place in the ballot, rather unexpectedly! Only took up running a few months ago but ran my first half marathon yesterday which was bloody hard work...and I am in a ridiculous amount of pain today. The thought of doing that twice fills me with fear!

Loueytb3 Mon 15-Oct-12 10:58:20

Me!! I've got a charity place, applied last week and got a very quick response. I can't run at the moment as I've injured my achilles and I'm going stir crazy. Hopefully a few more weeks and I can get back into it.

I'm excited and terrified about the training. And about the £1500 I need to raise.

feetheart Fri 05-Oct-12 02:53:41

Not London but I've just got a place to run in the Brighton Marathon the week before. Have only been running (on and off!) for about 3 years and have done a few 5ks and a 10k. Did the Silverstone half marathon this year and seem to remember thinking as I crossed the finish line 'bloody hell, that's only half way in a marathon, I think this is far enough for me!' No idea what possessed me and I was rather shocked when the Winston's Wish lady rang me today to tell me I was in!

If you fancy a virtual training buddy I could do with all the support I can get smile

anchovies Mon 01-Oct-12 11:52:02

I've entered the ballot for 5 years on the trot and this year got lucky! Have been a casual runner for a while, have done 10ks and one half marathon in the past but am going to need to seriously shape up for this - 3 stone to lose and a hell of a lot of running to do before April!

Anyone else got a place?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now