Thinking of buying a Garmin watch - help needed!!

(16 Posts)
notsohot Fri 12-Oct-12 14:57:15

It arrived this morning - a red & black garmin 10 - it looks fab, quite chunky but not as big as the Timex ironman I stole borrowed from DH.
I have just done a 5k wearing it, it's great, simple to use but I still run like an old lady!
Haven't used the virtual training partner thing yet, so that might make a difference wink

notsohot Wed 10-Oct-12 23:38:22

Bev - I have ordered it tonight, from Garmin. I chose the red and black but once it was in my 'cart' I couldn't confirm that I had ordered that colour and the little picture was of the pink and green versions - so who kows what will turn up.

Pretty excited about it - looking forward to it giving me a kick up the ass. Will report back.

beverleyjayne Wed 10-Oct-12 21:01:25

notsohot, let me know what u think if u buy it grin

notsohot Wed 10-Oct-12 17:59:43

Bev - you are saying all the right things! I think I'll go for the red n black, too. Thanks.

beverleyjayne Tue 09-Oct-12 19:57:49

notsohot, I got it from garminuk, originally sent for the pink one, but they sent me the black and red one grin and I love it!! it is bigger than the pink one but looks more professional lol!!!! go for it, it is so easy to use and breaks down your runs so u can see each mile etc and will beep at u if you are behind pace- a good kick up the ass lol!!!

notsohot Tue 09-Oct-12 19:41:55

Beverley - envy what colour have you gone for? I'm thinking that the slightly larger red and black version might be easier to see with my aging eyes.
Where did you buy yours from? I would love to see them in RL before deciding.

Bacon - DH has Timex ironman, which I borrow from him but it's a bit unecessarily complicated (with Triathlon settings etc) and doesn't have some of the features I fancy like a virtual training partner, but perhaps other Timex watches do ....oh and the Garmin 10 is about £100. So I can probably justify it to myself.

bacon Tue 09-Oct-12 12:55:02

Timex do loads of good ones too.

beverleyjayne Mon 08-Oct-12 21:39:17

the forerunner 10 is out now, i got one a few weeks ago and i love it!!

notsohot Mon 08-Oct-12 21:20:11

Anybody know when the garmin 10 will be available in UK?

Ann74 Mon 24-Sep-12 15:38:11

Go and look at the Facebook page for Garmin UK, info on Forerunner 10 and even a chance to win one I think (some promo with Ellie 'countryfile' Harrison)

FredFredGeorge Mon 10-Sep-12 10:06:43

It may well be worth waiting for the Forerunner 10 - if you think the 110 does all you need. It's a list price of cheaper than the 110 and it's smaller.

SerendipityAlways Mon 10-Sep-12 08:59:02

Thanks Neither! The 110 seems to do enough for my requirements.

I have the basic 110 and am very happy with it smile. i've had it about a year, and have no desire to upgrade to anything swankier!

SerendipityAlways Sat 08-Sep-12 18:41:02

I know - me too! They're on sale on amazon at the moment so hence the question!

TheArmadillo Sat 08-Sep-12 18:26:46

I look at them like this --> envy

SerendipityAlways Sat 08-Sep-12 18:25:52

Thinking of investing in a garmin watch - any one any suggestions or advice on which one to go for? There seems to be several varieties - I'm not looking for an all-singing, all-dancing type, just one to tell me how fast I'm running, what distance I'm covering, and current speed. I'm training for a 10K race and think I would find it very useful for training etc. Many thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now