Euro 2012 topic

(25 Posts)
toweraboveyou Mon 26-Mar-12 22:10:37

Can we update this topic to cover Euro 2012 instead?

Shall we just treat it as though it is? Got the England flag out today ...

My flag goes up on the 8th when the tournament starts.
We're going to suck but hey ho...'tis the life of an England football fan!

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 07-Jun-12 16:39:33

Yes we certainly can, new topic on the way.

We will post when it is up and running.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 08-Jun-12 08:43:26

<twirls> Here you go!

somerandom Fri 08-Jun-12 10:38:34

Yay - wall chart up today - DS and I are making bunting later - I love the euros !!!!

Flag going up in a second. First match at 5pm!

crunchbag Fri 08-Jun-12 13:25:44

Waving the Dutch flag with some orange bunting grin

Hup Holland!

Hurrah! So, who's going to win the first game? Like to see Poland win. But on the other hand, I like Greece. Decisions, decisions. Probably wait to see who has the best looking stronger team grin.

Anyone else watching the first game?

Time for kick off!!

MarianForrester Fri 08-Jun-12 16:56:00

Will be supporting France, purely on their merits, nothing to do with the very handsome Olivier Giroud...

Will be supporting England...it's in the DNA. I know we are going to suck but I can't help but hope.

As for who'd I'd like to win...no clue. I'll just watch and hope it goes to the best playing team.

somerandom Fri 08-Jun-12 19:55:39

We're Supporting England and Spain - (we've got some Spanish blood and DS is a big FC Barcelona fan). Made some Spanish bunting but due to the lack of success bought the England bunting from the pound shop.

Didn't have strong feelings about who I wanted to win Poland v Greeece - eventful match though mostly thanks to the over zealous ref ...

MmmPercyPigs Fri 08-Jun-12 22:07:26

A whole topic!? How exciting!

Supporting England and......drum roll....going to a few games too! I live here so it is nice to be able to join in with the festival atmosphere nevermind that the stadium isn't quite finished yet !

banyan Fri 08-Jun-12 22:11:30

Supporting England and Ireland (mum is Irish). Looking fwd to watching Spain more though as they play lovely football.

Aren't the ITV pundit chairs bloody awful? <misses point of Euro 2012 entirely>

Oblomov Sat 09-Jun-12 20:07:47

Have watched all the games so far. Currently watching Germany v Portugal. Dh commented that, in the UK, there has been no enthusiasm, as there normally is for World Cups / Euro's. All seems very understated.

banyan Sat 09-Jun-12 20:30:20

I think it's because the jubilee meant there wasn't enough time for a build up. Plus everyone is thinking about the Olympics too. Come Tuesday everyone will be talking about it - either because England won, and we're dreaming of what may be, or because we lost, and we're moaning about overpaid footballers!

There's just too much going on in Britain this summer to distract people from important things like football.

Plus the public aren't really getting behind Roy hodgson as most wanted redknapp, and the whole Rio Ferdinand controversy is hogging the headlines.

Oblomov Sat 09-Jun-12 21:09:01

Woy 'Boring' Hodgson? can't wait to see what attacking, exciting football he gets them playing. Nope. Thought not. Woy couldn't do 'exciting', even if he tried.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but only because I'm a spurs fan and wanted 'arry to stay!

Yep!! Another happy Spurs fan now that Harry's staying!!grin

Oblomov Sat 09-Jun-12 22:36:51

Spurs fan here too.

somerandom Sun 10-Jun-12 08:55:36

Spain today !!!!

Spain vs Italy should hopefully be a bit more exciting than some of the other games so far.

Also looking forward to the Ireland game too, hope they can get something out of the tournament and this is their best chance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now