Does anyone else get the rage with commentators saying Br-egg-zit?

(13 Posts)
Bearbehind Mon 05-Sep-16 16:26:45

I know in the grand scheme of things it's not important but every time a news reporter says Br-egg-zit not Br-X-it I want to scream.

<<realises it is probably just me>>

mupperoon Mon 05-Sep-16 16:39:17

I'm getting the rage with the word Brexit, full stop. Not only do we have to undergo the whole pointless, expensive, divisive charade, it's been given a puerile portmanteau to boot, as if it were a B-list celeb couple. Gah!

tiggytape Mon 05-Sep-16 17:02:23

It could be worse.
If Italy ever to look to leave, it's set to nicknamed Quitaly

Bearbehind Mon 05-Sep-16 17:12:28

That's quite funny tiggy and at least can't be mispronounced.

TheElementsSong Tue 06-Sep-16 09:49:26

I think they should be referring to it as "Our Glorious Sovereign Future in which We Make Britain Great Again by means of Simply Emoting Positively" grin

TheDowagerCuntess Tue 06-Sep-16 09:53:17

Like whatsisname Marcus thingamee from Big Brother, and the way he said 'lugg-zhury'.

RortyCrankle Tue 06-Sep-16 11:48:49

I don't care how anyone pronounces it as long as it happens.

Bearbehind Tue 06-Sep-16 12:12:51

rorty you frequently pop up on these threads with gems like that but I've yet to hear you give any indication of you you want 'it' to look like.

RortyCrankle Tue 06-Sep-16 17:40:34

I do 'pop up' on here occasionally Bearbehind but not as much as you - with gems or otherwise.

In the olden days (pre Referendum) I spent quite a lot of time researching information on Brexit and wrote several lengthy posts but now, I think it's completely pointless.

I doubt there have been more than a handful of posts (if that) by Leavers on here since the Referendum, which haven't been treated with derision, contempt, and/or sneered at by you staunch and merry band of Remainers.

As I have no wish to bash my head against a brick wall, no more explanatory and lengthy posts from me - these days I limit myself to a quick read and the occasional one-liner.

MorrisZapp Tue 06-Sep-16 17:42:01

Departugal

Bearbehind Tue 06-Sep-16 19:47:42

Unfortunately rorty there's a really good reason why posts by Leavers are treated with derision, contempt and are sneered at.

If someone could give us a reason for that to change, I for one, would love it.

It's all looking a bit bleak at the moment.

RortyCrankle Tue 06-Sep-16 21:19:35

Well I suppose its something that you've admitted that Remainers respond to Leavers' posts in that way but then appear surprised that most of us have no wish to contribute because of it. What a shame.

Over and out

RBeer Wed 07-Sep-16 09:45:36

I saw brEggZit all the time. My mind has a problem with Britian and EggZit not been breEggZit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now