Arek Jozwik

(11 Posts)
crossroads3 Wed 31-Aug-16 08:34:46

Can anyone confirm whether or not they saw anything about his murder on the television news on any channel last night? Front page of The Guardian and The Sun today, on the BBC website, but this is not good enough IMO.

Murdered by a band of teenagers apparently because they heard him speaking Polish.

www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/harlow-murder-polish-man-killed-by-mob-in-hate-attack-named-locally-as-arek-jozwik-a3332896.html

GettinTrimmer Wed 31-Aug-16 09:16:03

I've read an news article on my facebook feed, that's all I've seen, nothing on TV sad

Helmetbymidnight Wed 31-Aug-16 11:18:49

It was on radio four this morning.

Terrible news.

SwedishEdith Wed 31-Aug-16 11:23:24

And yet the Sun were/are happy to stir up the racists.

Corcory Wed 31-Aug-16 11:48:49

It was on T.V. this morning. Dreadful thing to happen. Horrible horrible thing to do. Load of thugs. As for the Sun!! at least it wasn't this morning's head line that was back in March I think.

And more consequences sad (or not, depending on your point of view):

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/polish-man-attack-leeds-beaten-up-racially-aggravated-gang-20-teenagers-armley-a7238251.html

ManonLescaut Tue 13-Sep-16 13:12:31

I've read that the increase in racist incidents following Brexit is still higher than a year ago. Police want to stop collating weekly figures as the increase has levelled off.

AntiqueSinger Wed 14-Sep-16 14:37:26

Has anyone seen this onesad
www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/sep/13/pregnant-woman-loses-baby-kicked-racist-attack-milton-keynes

Woman lost her baby after being deliberately kicked in the stomach in a racially aggravated attack.

AntiqueSinger Wed 14-Sep-16 14:38:54

Yet I'm not hearing these stories on mainstream news. As for the Sun. I have no respect for anybody who reads that xenophobic racist trash rag.

Helmetbymidnight Wed 14-Sep-16 14:58:30

The story of the racist attack on the pregnant woman was on the BBC website at one point, and in The Times today.

In Harlow, there was another racist attack on Poles last week, it received minimal coverage.

www.theguardian.com/society/2016/sep/19/embassies-alleged-hate-crimes-since-brexit-vote?CMP=twt_gu

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now