Ruth Davidson on withdrawing a massive Johnson

(13 Posts)
LikeDylanInTheMovies Wed 13-Jul-16 00:07:38

Ruth Davidson 's speech has given me my first laugh since the early hours of the 25th. I especially enjoyed her dig at Andrea Leadsom.

What a funny seven days. A Scottish Green voter, dyed in the wool remained and I spent the first half of it fervently praying Theresa May was our next PM and now find myself royally entertained by and warming to the Tory leader in Scotland.

crazyhead Wed 13-Jul-16 18:19:40

I have never voted Conservative but Ruth Davidson is great.

SirChenjin Wed 13-Jul-16 18:22:06

Ruth is the best thing in politics at the moment - down to earth, astute, witty and sharp as a tack. I have a bit of a crush on her.

Helmetbymidnight Wed 13-Jul-16 18:22:44

That is awesome. She is v clever.

MiaowJario Wed 13-Jul-16 18:34:08

Never trust a Tory, no matter how funny they are. Have you forgotten Boris already?

SirChenjin Wed 13-Jul-16 19:43:17

Every party has their loons.

whydidhesaythat Wed 13-Jul-16 20:19:24

smile

whydidhesaythat Wed 13-Jul-16 20:20:27

She is funny!

MangoMoon Thu 14-Jul-16 01:20:11

I absolutely love Ruth Davidson.
She's brilliant!

Tiggeryoubastard Thu 14-Jul-16 01:29:49

She's a real person. With real beliefs and feelings. I like her. I'm a dyed in the wool Tory but had dealings on someone else's behalf with a very decent honest labour MP (search me you'll see). Not everything is black and white. Don't be closed minded. Look beyond labels.

MiaowJario Thu 14-Jul-16 02:13:14

I know she's a real person. She works out at my gym.

I still wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her based on a few quips.

Easy enough to hang out over beer pumps and make some jokes to appear like the salt of the earth.

Worked for Farage after all.

MiaowJario Thu 14-Jul-16 02:25:26

With that new cabinet, looks like she spoke too soon about withdrawing the massive Johnston...maybe he promised he wouldn't come inside?

So about par for the level of truthfulness and trustworthiness that can be expected from a Tory utterance.

Finger on the pulse Ruth, finger on the pulse. As always, Scottish Tory leader is at the heart of government, with the ear of the PM.

SirChenjin Thu 14-Jul-16 08:09:41

Well, could be worse - she could be Alex Salmon cast out into the wilderness and being silenced when he comes out with his latest gaffe. Or Sturgeon, with her finger on the finger of the pulse of Scotland - you really get/got what the people of Scotland wanted, didn't you, Nicky. And truthfulness? Yeah - that once in a generation promise must go down in Scottish history as being the biggest lie ever told.

I'll take Ruth over either of them any day. At least the Tories (and indeed every other party) allows their politicians free speech - not something that the SNP can claim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now