Independence rallies in Wales

(4 Posts)
Alisvolatpropiis Sat 02-Jul-16 18:59:59

On the back of the referendum result there have been pro Welsh independence rallies because "Wales would be better off in the EU".

Given Wales is a net beneficiary of EU funds, I entirely agree. However given that Wales voted out, in the main, I am baffled by this stance.

Also baffled as to how Wales, a net beneficiary is meant to survive as an independent country.

I'm Welsh, I voted to remain personally and simply cannot fathom how anybody could think Wales would be better off seceding at this point in time probably ever.

BestIsWest Sat 02-Jul-16 19:02:28

My Facebook feed is full of people who think that Wales should be independent. I can't do the maths either.

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 02-Jul-16 19:05:20

Although proud to be Welsh etc, I have never thought that independence would be a good idea.

It is a lovely pipe dream for nationionalists and all that but, unlike Scotland (who I think would have a pretty good chance of surviving if they went independent), Wales has precisely zero.

Where has all the logical thinking gone?!

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 02-Jul-16 19:05:51

*zero chance, that is.

Must proof read!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now