Liam Fox could be good leader for Conservatives

(25 Posts)
bluebell34567 Fri 01-Jul-16 08:36:50

I think I prefer him best. He sounded very honest and intelligent to me during debates.

dragonsarebest Fri 01-Jul-16 09:29:19

He is audacious if nothing else. His career should have ended in 2011. www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/8828141/Liam-Fox-resigns-following-Adam-Werritty-revelations.html

wowfudge Fri 01-Jul-16 10:24:08

No. Unless they want to shoot themselves in the foot. Again.

mouldycheesefan Fri 01-Jul-16 10:28:57

Have you forgotten about Adam werrity?
Liam should have left politics at the time.
He won't get anywhere in this leadership bid he is a has been.

mouldycheesefan Fri 01-Jul-16 10:30:05

And he supports brexit. Nuff said.

areyoubeingserviced Fri 01-Jul-16 10:33:35

Nope

nulgirl Fri 01-Jul-16 10:35:50

Vile vile man. The last thing that the country needs is an extreme Tory right-winger taking charge. Hell - I'd prefer any of the other candidates, even that poisonous toad Michael Gove to Liam Fox.

ErrolTheDragon Fri 01-Jul-16 10:47:09

bluebell - when assessing politicians, relying on how they sound is not reliable. Look at their track record. If your memory doesn't go back that far, a small amount of googling will show him for what he is - a disgrace.

bluebell34567 Sat 02-Jul-16 13:56:04

thanks all for the info.
he was good, I cant believe he has such history smile

KERALA1 Sat 02-Jul-16 13:59:59

As a teen I waitressed at a Tory private party at which he was the guest speaker. His speech when amongst friends was vile. Main topic anti gypsy rants. Lovely.

NeckguardUnbespoke Sat 02-Jul-16 14:16:39

There's an interesting sociology paper to be written on why it is that politicians who style themselves "Dr" very rarely have doctorates (Fox, Wollaston) while those that do have doctorates usually keep quiet about it (Stella Creasy, Gordon Brown, Oliver Letwin, Julian Huppert, plenty more). I suspect it's because they think an MBChB and being a GP makes you a trusted part of the community, whereas they worry that a PhD makes you look "out of touch". In the case of Liam Fox, it's not working: someone less like a trusted part of the community is hard to imagine.

mouldycheesefan Sat 02-Jul-16 16:38:50

Much as I can't stand Liam, apparently when he was a GP he was very good and patients spoke really highly of him. He should have stuck to that.

ErrolTheDragon Sat 02-Jul-16 19:25:13

Neck - there's probably a fair few people who don't realise that Dr can mean anything except a medic. And also they wouldn't want to be branded ( sorry to use a dirty word) as experts would they?hmm

NeckguardUnbespoke Sat 02-Jul-16 19:27:42

there's probably a fair few people who don't realise that Dr can mean anything except a medic

Or that think a medical doctor is a "real" doctor and PhDs are some sort of namby-pamby alternative. Oh, to be German, where they have different words.

WorriedMutha Sat 02-Jul-16 19:48:00

He is trailing in the polls for very good reason. Although it is a matter of listing them in the order that I hate the least.

Hamishandthefoxes Sun 03-Jul-16 07:53:51

He had a few issues with his expenses too. It's not just the utterly appalling lack of judgement he showed over Adam Werrity.

StuffandBother Sun 03-Jul-16 08:21:12

I could have written your post op! I'm going to have a read of the links above and see if my mind changes!

He's against gay rights, opposes gay marriage, opposes anti-discrimination laws and supports fox hunting.

That plus his past fraudulent behaviour and his general uselessness as the MP in the district I grew up, means a huge no from me.

scarlets Sun 03-Jul-16 23:42:26

He's too right-wing and illiberal for me, but I agree that he presents himself well. My local Tory MP is great, but I'd happily vote Labour again if Dr Fox were PM.

bluebell34567 Mon 04-Jul-16 08:40:47

I thought he was gay. I remember such news.

ExtraHotLatteToGo Mon 04-Jul-16 08:45:01

I thought he was gay. I remember such

That'll be news to his wife.

He would be good on the Brexit Team. He will hold them to account.

His views on fox hunting & gay rights are deplorable, and you can't trust him with the Petty Cash. Though they say he's reformed on that...

bluebell34567 Mon 04-Jul-16 08:47:48

Extra
That'll be news to his wife.
:D

bluebell34567 Mon 04-Jul-16 08:48:45

grin

JoffreyBaratheon Mon 04-Jul-16 09:04:20

I'm on another forum with one of his constituents. Apparently he's deplorable as an MP - totally no concern over constituents' views (even before this shitstorm) and if he disagrees with them, ignores them. A nasty piece of work by all accounts.

BreakingDad77 Mon 04-Jul-16 13:07:05

He thinks we can have low taxes - complete idiot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now