Murdoch? MURDOCH?...

(3 Posts)
Draylon Thu 30-Jun-16 18:56:05

When, oh when will someone expunge this odious, shape-shifting, manipulative little arse-wipe from the British media scene?

He is playing with those ill-informed enough to believe what he prints us.

I am a Remainer; but I, like many Brexiters, am horrified by the power King-maker Murdoch has exercised over this sorry debacle.

What do we need? A better education system? Proportional Representation? Something as yet not imagined?

JoJoSM2 Thu 30-Jun-16 19:14:01

I wonder it they could just introduce some rules re what gets written in newspapers - so they can get away with blatant lies...

Draylon Thu 30-Jun-16 19:21:11

Dennis Potter's interview with Mervyn Bragg, 1994

What prescience...

"Politics was - seemed - the door, until I actually stood as a candidate. By then, of course, illness <cancer> had descended and I had a walking stick and I was drowning actually, drowning, felt that I was ... On the Daily Herald I hated every second of it. And that world of popular journalism, as I saw it then, and the Herald eventually mutated through the mismanagement of the Mirror Group, its eventual owners, into ... There's an interesting thing: one of the favourite fantasy plots of a writer is a character is told "You've got three months to live" and - which is what I was told - and you, who would you kill? (laughs). I call my cancer, the main one, the pancreas one, I call it Rupert, so I can get close to it, because the man Murdoch is the one who, if I had the time - in fact I've got too much writing to do and I haven't got the energy - but I would shoot the bugger if I could. There is no one person more responsible for the pollution of what was already a fairly polluted press, and the pollution of the British press is an important part of the pollution of British political life."

^ This^

Yet... 2016 ??

FGS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now