Now do Leave supporters see how much they've been conned- Boris doesn't actually want his much touted 'control'

(32 Posts)
Bearbehind Thu 30-Jun-16 12:40:49

What a shambles.

So Boris goes on and on about 'taking back control' then, when it's handed to him on a plate he runs a mile as he never actually believed in what he was saying and knows what a poison chalice it is.

Brexit is going swimmingly do far isn't it? hmm

WinnieTheW0rm Thu 30-Jun-16 12:46:45

From what I read, it wasn't being handed to him in a plate.

When he says he recognises that he's a divisive figure, doesn't that just mean that he believes he won't win?

Thefuturecouldbebright Thu 30-Jun-16 12:48:33

I didnt vote for Boris, I voted to leave. This was not a general election, it didnt matter what side the politicians were on (strictly speaking). I am glad he is out of the running, didnt want him running the country anyway!

Thefuturecouldbebright Thu 30-Jun-16 12:49:59

Just to clarify, I paid no mind to Boris or farage and the bloody buses... I did my own research.

dangermouseisace Thu 30-Jun-16 12:54:19

no one in their right mind would want to go down in history as presiding over a right c**kup if it goes ahead- especially with the risk of derailing the peace process in Ireland and completely alienating/losing Scotland.

Bumbledumb Thu 30-Jun-16 12:56:21

Boris' plan, as I see it, was for him to lead the Leave campaign. They would lose, but a sizeable number of Tory voters would vote leave. Dave, having been so vocal for Remain, would lose the support of his party because UKIP would use it against them at the next GE, and the populist Boris would step in to take his place making suitable noises about taking back control from the EU. Winning the referendum was not part of the game plan.

Corcory Thu 30-Jun-16 12:56:28

I am a Scottish leave voter and I'm very pleased Boris isn't standing. Far to remote and divisive. The Scots have no truck with Posh Buffoons and he would certainly hasten yes in an indy 2 vote.

TheElementsSong Thu 30-Jun-16 13:20:21

I believe it was all foreseen wasn't it? hmm All part of the plan for the Leave leadership to vanish in a puff of smoke, no Leave supporter ever supported any of them anyway, etc etc.

dragonsarebest Thu 30-Jun-16 13:22:21

ITA, Bumble.

Bearbehind Thu 30-Jun-16 13:23:26

The way I see it is that Leave were conned either way.

Either you ignored the campaign, in which case you were voting for your 'vision' of what would happen is voting for something that was never on offer

Or you believed Boris et al who have now confirmed they can't deliver what they implied I'd not outright stated.

What ever you think of Boris, he's not stupid and this has proved it and shown how much of a joke Brexit is.

Bearbehind Thu 30-Jun-16 13:24:51

Ie not is
If not I'd

loobyloo1234 Thu 30-Jun-16 13:47:09

Another patronising thread for Leave supporters hmm

lljkk Thu 30-Jun-16 13:50:53

Boris only wants to be PM when everything is nicety nice in the world. Can't cope with real problems. All the others have the ovaries (balls) to get on with wading thru the shit.

sorenofthejnaii Thu 30-Jun-16 13:52:25

They're going to deliver something. But will they deliver what all the Leave supporters want?

Or will they deliver what some of them want but not others?

We'll find out sometime what deal we'll get. Will it be enough to satisfy most of the people in this country?

RortyCrankle Thu 30-Jun-16 13:56:48

I did not vote based on what Boris did or did not say, I voted after doing a lot of reading on both sides.

Anyway, Gove will make a excellent PM.

sorenofthejnaii Thu 30-Jun-16 14:00:30

Anyway, Gove will make a excellent PM

Why? Is he inclusive? Does he listen to people who disagree to get other opinions? Or does he do what he believes ideologically is correct?

lljkk Thu 30-Jun-16 14:02:02

Bloody Hell, Stanley Johnson (BoJo's dad, on BBC R4) just said that Remaining would have been better thing to do, to reform EU to put more limits on free movement.

Lighteningirll Thu 30-Jun-16 14:04:06

Another one here that voted Leave based on a twenty year desire to well you know Leave the EU my vote had nothing to do with political parties, lies or buffoonery from either side.

dangermouseisace Thu 30-Jun-16 14:22:33

his sister Rachel is a remainer as well.

babybythesea Thu 30-Jun-16 14:23:18

Yes, Gove has an excellent rack record. As Monister for Education he is widely lauded as having done wonderful things for our education system, bringing the whole profession together and uniting people and making them feel valued. He is similarly well loved for his effect on the judicial system, although they have been less vocal.
Can't wait to see him bring his non-expertise (we don't like experts, remember) to the role of Prime Minister.

babybythesea Thu 30-Jun-16 14:24:32

Every sodding time I use my tablet to post I end up with thousands of mistakes, I edit and still miss some through sheer volume. I'm going back to a keyboard.
Track.
Minister.

TheElementsSong Thu 30-Jun-16 14:26:42

I don't know, I read it as Monster for Education and thought that was rather appropriate!

dragonsarebest Thu 30-Jun-16 14:27:31

The entire Johnson family was remain, his father campaigned for it.

dragonsarebest Thu 30-Jun-16 14:27:40

except BoJo obvs.

mupperoon Thu 30-Jun-16 14:32:23

It's rubbish isn't it - every scrap of good news ("Bojo not running for PM! Hooray!") is negated a few seconds later by some depressing realisation that things are now even worse ("Gove??? Oh, fucking brilliant.")

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now