Genuine question to those that voted to leave?

(8 Posts)
Babysafari Wed 29-Jun-16 23:40:04

Really don't want this to turn into a bunfight. Just to say that I was undecided but voted to remain in the end and right now I'm disappointed with the result.

I keep hearing people that voted leave saying things like "short term pain for long term gain", that they voted thinking of their grandchildren.

My question is what specifically do you expect will be better in the long run? I can understand concerns about the EU but once we're out and the dust has settled what things are you hoping/expecting will have improved and what impact will those things have on your average person?

I have no doubt that the country will be ok but I'm not convinced that we are going to have it any better than we do right now. Though I'm sure some much more knowledgable people can tell me how leaving will benefit the future.

Babysafari Thu 30-Jun-16 09:45:57

Anyone?

TheNaze73 Thu 30-Jun-16 09:47:51

Bumping for you OP.

The lack of response, due to your great question doesn't surprise me.

SpunBodgeSquarepants Thu 30-Jun-16 09:50:31

Maybe people are finally getting bored of talking and hearing about it - fingers crossed.

dragonsarebest Thu 30-Jun-16 09:51:32

OP I started a thread asking this yesterday, the only specific benefits were lightbulbs and Hinckley Point. There were some other interesting potential benefits raised, but it's all speculative at this stage really isn't it.

dragonsarebest Thu 30-Jun-16 09:52:50

It was an interetsing discussion www.mumsnet.com/Talk/eu_referendum_2016_/2673672-Genuine-q-what-does-the-UK-gain-from-this

WitteryTwittery Thu 30-Jun-16 09:58:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Babysafari Thu 30-Jun-16 10:22:33

Sponbodge surely we shouldn't treat this as yesterday's news? Leaving is going to be a long drawn out process that potentially impacts us all so we shouldn't just get bored and forget about it.

Dragon I will read the thread.

Wittery thanks for your reply and I see your points.

I suppose I think that although our country is far from perfect we have it brilliant compared to a lot of the rest of the world.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now