thisiswhatyouhavedone.uk

(6 Posts)
MrsLettuce Mon 27-Jun-16 09:33:42

thisiswhatyouhavedone.uk/

EatShitDerek Mon 27-Jun-16 09:34:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

daisywhoopsie Mon 27-Jun-16 10:11:49

There's a whole topic for posts of this nature.

iPost Mon 27-Jun-16 11:37:11

I'd like people like you to stop inflaming the situation becuase you are increasing the risk of my child getting abused of attacked.

There are a significant number of Britons living in the rest of the EU.

Regardless of what you might believe, the rest of the EU is not a non-racist, non-xenophobic paradise where no idiot ever has decided to take the law into his own hands. Not by a long shot.

With each and every report of xenophobia and racism being taken at face value, no matter how 2nd/3rd hand, no matter how unverifiable the source, no matter how minor in the grand scheme of things, and used to make a point about those who voted leave.... people are colluding in creating a very real risk of back lash for their compatriots outside of national boarders. And escalation in Britain itself.

Now I am well aware we Britons abroad tend to be the "wrong sort" of immigrants as far as many people back home are concerned. The kind of immigrants that many seem more willing to be critical of, more willing to make sweeping statements about.

But would it be possible to put that not exactly invisible prejudice aside for once, and for both our sakes and the sakes of our EU equivalents, desist from throwing great big gobs of petrol on the sparks of what could become a very ugly "tit for tat" fire that ends up affecting EU immigrants all over Europe.

All reports should be reported, investigated and those that stand up to scrutiny should culminate with appropirate punishment using the full force of the law. I do not support sweeping any ugly and illegal acts under the carpet. Quite the opposite.

However I'd ask that the currently emotionally charged people who wish to maximise their leverage against their political opposition to step back. Because if they continue in this vein they risk creating an overheated atmosphere that could encourage an upswing in the exactly the sorts of behaviours they say they are so horrified by.

It's not enough to say verbal abuse and physical attacks are bad.

Everybody, no matter how upset at the result, has a responsibility to ensure they are not accidentally inflaming the situation. Because surely we want to see as few abusive episodes and physical attacks taking place as humanly possible ?

Which means exploiting reports of xenophobia and rascim for the purposes of propaganda in order to strengthen popular political support has to stop.

This not theory for me. I have skin in the game. I live in an area where Lega Nord is strong. I am The Only Briton In The Village. My son the only half Briton. We are highly visible as targets for some twat's desire to avenge his compatriots in Britian and his national pride.

I've been an immigrant for 27 years. "Go home" etc. has lost all power to upset me at this point. Your skin, it thickens out of necessity. But I don't want to see my 16 yo at risk of an unleashed monster that the creators of that site neither anticipated, nor control.

SemiNormal Mon 27-Jun-16 12:03:54

What a wonderfully divisive website that will do nothing but provoke and further the hostility and volitility right now! biscuit

People should be looking to further unite people in peace and harmony not using all this to cause more tension. It's getting beyond a fucking joke now, I wish people would just THINK for once.

Asprilla11 Mon 27-Jun-16 12:05:33

Yawn.....

biscuit

biscuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now