The things I am scared about

(2 Posts)
DolomphiousDuck Sun 26-Jun-16 20:54:20

I admit, I am vociferously pro-European. I am horrified by the result.

I have sympathy for people affected by the cuts of the last few years, seeing the effects of the Governments uncaring attitude to immigration and the poor and the disabled.

So now the reality is hitting, that immigration isn't going to miraculously stop overnight, there are no additional millions for the NHS and the countless lies playing on xenophobia are coming out.

However I am truly scared about the prospect of what the Government is going to have to do to remain competitive and stop all of those international businesses leaving the UK. What is the future of the Human Rights Act? Maternity rights? The Equality Act? What about the rights of temporary Workers?

nervousnelly1001 Sun 26-Jun-16 23:15:24

No doubt it's a long tough road ahead but anything could happen, I mean nobody saw this coming so what's next...Trump in the US, the Chinese economy going bang and dragging the rest of the world with it...who knows..

The UK needs to plough on, make the best it what it has and it will probably mean a fall in some standards and standard of living. The most important thing for now is unity amongst people in the UK, the disharmony is damaging and extremely dangerous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now