Why are all the twats voting leave?

(244 Posts)
HeckyWithTheGoodBear Wed 22-Jun-16 21:00:35

Me being one of them probably blush

I can't find the list I saw earlier, but it's been playing on my mind all day.

It was a list of remain supporters - there was the Bank of England, the IMF, 99% of economists and big businesses, all the non racist newspapers, Steven Hawking, all unions, most councils, Obama etc etc

And a list of brexit supporters. Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, the leader of ISIS, Vicky Pattison out of Geordie Shore hmm

I'm sure I want to leave. I've started, read and engaged in very interesting debates on MN and elsewhere that have led me to this decision. I'm not saying it's clear cut, but I certainly don't think it's an obviously foolish vote to make. So why are the majority of influential and intelligent people voting remain, and the twats of the world voting leave?

Maybe it's just pre match nerves. But I can't help but thinking if all these geniuses reckon remain is the way to go, I've probably got it wrong.

Thoughts?

Spinflight Wed 22-Jun-16 21:02:52

Tony Blair wants us to stay in the EU. smile

GhostofFrankGrimes Wed 22-Jun-16 21:05:05

Brexit don't have a plan. There is no small print. Its simply "take back control". Not to mention major economic uncertainty in the event of a leave vote. People tend to like having a job, home and stable economy.

trixymalixy Wed 22-Jun-16 21:06:49

I think you've probably got it wrong...

Ginmakesitallok Wed 22-Jun-16 21:07:55

Think you've probably got it wrong too.

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Wed 22-Jun-16 21:09:28

If it sounds like intelligent people are making an informed decision and yours is to the contrary I'd advise you to do more reading......(in the nicest possible way).

foursillybeans Wed 22-Jun-16 21:09:52

Do you really need an answer to your question? It's a little obvious if you think about it.....wink

foursillybeans Wed 22-Jun-16 21:10:39

Don't forget to add Katie Hopkins to the list of twats backing the Brexit campaign.

ThomasRichard Wed 22-Jun-16 21:11:35

This list?

Banana99 Wed 22-Jun-16 21:12:04

DHs company today have suggested that everyone votes IN as they think leaving would be disasterous for business - they trade with Europe!

Lighteningirll Wed 22-Jun-16 21:13:47

Those backing remain are the moneyed vested interest those really thinking about our children and their future and listening to the econimics are backing leave sadly most of them don't have power as power comes with money

BearFoxBear Wed 22-Jun-16 21:16:44

I'm really thinking about the future and our children, but I'm not an idiot and therefore not voting leave.

PlymouthMaid1 Wed 22-Jun-16 21:17:07

That is very good point. I have the same worries OP but !eave fee!s right.

GhostofFrankGrimes Wed 22-Jun-16 21:17:18

those really thinking about our children and their future and listening to the econimics are backing leave sadly most of them don't have power as power comes with money

UKIP have the support of the Daily Express. Murdoch's Sun backs leave. Johnson, Gove, IDS all have political power.

katemiddletonsnudeheels Wed 22-Jun-16 21:18:02

That list omits to mention numerous thoughtful intelligent people in favour of Leave.

PlymouthMaid1 Wed 22-Jun-16 21:18:06

Lightenings point that is.

HeckyWithTheGoodBear Wed 22-Jun-16 21:19:30

That's the one Thomas.

And I've done plenty of reading, thanks. I am basing my vote on which I think is best for my children's future, mostly. Just because my view is different to yours, it doesn't mean I'm ignorant.

However, I know there are plenty of intelligent people backing brexit. I've read the views of many on this forum.

It's an interesting point re people with power voting remain. I agree. But Steven Hawking (for example)? Would he really back remain for financial reasons?

PresidentCJCregg Wed 22-Jun-16 21:20:43

According to Katie Twatkins today if you vote remain you must never complain about any subsequent terror attacks.

Because the two issues are the same thing, bobs.

OP, when you find yourself on the same side as her, you're on the wrong side of history. And, er, morality, logic, humanity and general all round niceness.

PresidentCJCregg Wed 22-Jun-16 21:21:09

Bobs? Obvs.

HeckyWithTheGoodBear Wed 22-Jun-16 21:21:47

*According to Katie Twatkins today if you vote remain you must never complain about any subsequent terror attacks.

Because the two issues are the same thing, bobs.

OP, when you find yourself on the same side as her, you're on the wrong side of history. And, er, morality, logic, humanity and general all round niceness.*

Do you think she's caused more harm to the world than Tony Blair? Because as a pp said, by voting remain, you're on the same side as him.

LetThereBeCupcakes Wed 22-Jun-16 21:21:53

I've seen that one bandied about on Facebook. It's just mindless, biased propaganda, like most of the referendum stuff.

300 prominent historians? Really? Who are they then?

StrawberrytallCake Wed 22-Jun-16 21:21:53

That is a bullshit list.

Has anyone mentioned an Australian style points system yet?

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Wed 22-Jun-16 21:22:00

I worried about the same thing

WellErrr Wed 22-Jun-16 21:22:18

Money.

All those people are very rich and will lose out if we leave.

JustDanceAddict Wed 22-Jun-16 21:23:06

You've answered your own question.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now