Telegraph backs leaving the EU

(12 Posts)
BritBrit Sat 18-Jun-16 22:15:40

The Telegraph has backed Brexit, being the main Conservative party supporting newspaper could this effect the result particularly for Conservative voters & what is the impact on David Cameron when his main support in the media say we should leave

'The EU belongs to the past. On Thursday we hope the country chooses the future – and votes to leave'

www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2016/06/18/we-must-vote-leave-to-create-a-britain-fit-for-the-future/

LittleBearPad Sat 18-Jun-16 22:16:47

This isn't a surprise surely given the Telegraph is mainly read by aged Tories.

shinytorch2 Sat 18-Jun-16 22:29:40

LittleBear - but the Tory government is backing remain?confused

Bookaboo Sat 18-Jun-16 22:37:09

But have you seen how many Tory MPs back a brexit? Don't have exact figure to hand but it's well over 100.

I think the DT has been making it fairly obvious they support Brexit

YourPerception Sat 18-Jun-16 22:43:45

RM wants to leave the EU.

The latest poll shows a remain lead.

HugoBear Sat 18-Jun-16 22:47:25

In respect to this unsurprising news from the Telegraph, it's worth giving this a read.

Martin Fletcher, ex-Times European Correspondent said this about Boris Johnson and his stint at the Telegraph and what it did to political journalism as a whole:

twitter.com/davekeating/status/744235880605319168

SwearyGodmother Sat 18-Jun-16 22:48:53

The Torygraph was always going to back Brexit being the paper whose circulation is literally dying out. What's much more heartening is that The Times have backed Remain - in spite of being in the Murdoch stable.

I think this we oldies know better than you silly youngsters article of yesterday sums up the paper's position and much of their readership.

Turbinaria Sat 18-Jun-16 22:54:23

The Sun owned by Murdoch has backed Brexit

dodobookends Sat 18-Jun-16 23:05:08

Am I in the minority in thinking that newspapers should print... The News rather than a version of it skewed to fit their own political agenda?

MitzyLeFrouf Sat 18-Jun-16 23:12:00

Well of course the Telegraph backs leaving. This is hardly a surprise to anyone is it?

MitzyLeFrouf Sat 18-Jun-16 23:16:16

I'm happy for newspapers to have their own agenda dodo. I like to read the different takes. By and large American newspapers are quite non-partisan and they make for very dry reading. Their news channels on the other hand........far too partisan in some cases.

LittleBearPad Sun 19-Jun-16 07:44:06

Goodness Sweary. I feel like I've been reprimanded like a naughty child by that article ! No wonder the Telegraph readership is declining.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now