Germany’s Largest Bank Says Massive UK Growth After Brexit

(31 Posts)
claig Thu 16-Jun-16 22:58:17

"Germany’s Largest Bank Says Massive UK Growth After Brexit – BBC and Remainers Silent

Germany’s largest bank has predicted British stocks will be the best performing in the continent and top UK firms will outperform EU rivals by as much as 5 per cent after a Brexit. "

www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/15/germans-largest-bank-says-massive-uk-grown-brexit-bbc-remainers-silent/

GiddyOnZackHunt Thu 16-Jun-16 23:00:52

claig can we leave it for tonight. I'm not really feeling it tonight after Jo Cox's murder.

claig Thu 16-Jun-16 23:02:39

I'm not arguing, I am just putting information out that people may not have seen reported.

bridgetoc Thu 16-Jun-16 23:14:25

That is not something the BBC would be interested in reporting because they are very biased towards the remainers. It's not working though. However, I really think something finally needs to be done about the beeb. They are a disgrace!

SpringingIntoAction Thu 16-Jun-16 23:23:53

claig can we leave it for tonight. I'm not really feeling it tonight after Jo Cox's murder.

Please explain to me why the tragic killing of an MP by a supposedly mentally unstable man, results in a total shutdown of all debate "for a few days" with regard to an impending national referendum that will shape this country's relationship with Europe for the next generations?

I have huge sorrow for the the family of this MP. I have utmost respect for her achievements , her compassion and her humanity. I can show my respect without imposing silence on both sodes of the debate. I do not agree that we should cease talking about the referendum "for a few days" at this critical time.

parmalilac Thu 16-Jun-16 23:27:25

Yes, tragic as it is, this next few days are crucial in the run-up to the vote, agree that it is not disrespectful to continue the debate.

StickTheDMWhereTheSunDontShine Thu 16-Jun-16 23:28:43

Sod off, claig.

You're not even funny, right now.

claig Thu 16-Jun-16 23:32:27

Ok Stick, after you

SpringingIntoAction Thu 16-Jun-16 23:37:33

Yes, tragic as it is, this next few days are crucial in the run-up to the vote, agree that it is not disrespectful to continue the debate.

This is the final critical weekend in the campaign and it is effectively being silenced.

This is not democratic, regardless of your political persuasion.

GiddyOnZackHunt Thu 16-Jun-16 23:40:42

Campaigning has been suspended until tomorrow. A few hours is all, not a couple of days.

SpringingIntoAction Thu 16-Jun-16 23:50:47

BBC is reporting " a few days" Chancellor also saying this.

Remain will be the losers in this. It's not time they can afford to lose

claig Fri 17-Jun-16 00:05:21

They are talking about recalling Parliament quite quickly. Kirsty said it oon BBC Newsnight and they discussed it on Sky Press Review.

SpringingIntoAction Fri 17-Jun-16 00:09:25

This is ridiculous hysteria. When has Parliament ever been recalled over the death of an backbench Opposition MP?

CoolforKittyCats Fri 17-Jun-16 00:10:19

Please explain to me why the tragic killing of an MP by a supposedly mentally unstable man, results in a total shutdown of all debate "for a few days" with regard to an impending national referendum that will shape this country's relationship with Europe for the next generations?

Do you know why? Because it is actually a humane thing to do and it'seems called respect.

CoolforKittyCats Fri 17-Jun-16 00:11:01

When has Parliament ever been recalled over the death of an backbench Opposition MP?

She was murdered!

ReallyTired Fri 17-Jun-16 00:27:56

The murder of Jo Cox is terrible, but life does go on. As a nation we are making a decision that will affect us and our grandchildren for the rest of our lives.

I wonder how Jo Cox would feel about shutting down debate. Perhaps the best way to honour her memory is to engage in the democratic process and vote. If you are going to vote then you need to be clear about the issues. There are powerful arguments for both the leave and remain sides. Certainly Jo Cox was keen to engage with the electorate on Europe.

Finally it's poor taste to use this tragedy to attack the leave campaigners.

WaspsandBeesSting Fri 17-Jun-16 00:30:48

No one is saying don't debate it again. Just not for a few hours!

StickTheDMWhereTheSunDontShine Fri 17-Jun-16 00:33:32

How often is a back bench opposition MP murdered, Spring?

Don't be such an arse. The pointless pissing contest can surely wait a few hours before recommencing.

Spinflight Fri 17-Jun-16 00:40:49

I think the best way to pay our respects to Jo Cox is not to raise her name or plight in a political way personally.

Deutsche Bank are one of the biggies. They'll employ huge teams of forecasters and economists and also have visibility of the positions taken by their clients. Seems they are the largest foreign exchange traders in the world for instance, and also I recall the largest player in the UK energy market ( buying ours for German clients that is).

If they see positive returns then there must be good reasons for it, not that you'd know from our treasury's dodgy dossier which didn't see a single penny in benefits from Brexit.

Bourdic Fri 17-Jun-16 00:44:26

Shutting down debate? Oh grow up. There's been dignity and compassion tonight shown by MPs of all parties who have suspended campaigning not shut down debate . You'd think a parenting website could show some restraint - two little girls who will never have their hair stroked agsin by their mummy as they fall asleep.

Brokenbiscuit Fri 17-Jun-16 01:01:55

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Millyonthefloss2 Fri 17-Jun-16 07:03:45

Claig, start a new thread about this on Saturday.It's a big issue. The story is also covered in the FT . Maybe you could report this thread for deletion in the meantime out of respect.

Millyonthefloss2 Fri 17-Jun-16 07:04:25

It's a big issue.

claig Fri 17-Jun-16 09:21:34

Have asked for the thread to be deleted. Don't know if MNHQ will do it.

GiddyOnZackHunt Fri 17-Jun-16 09:30:37

Cheers claig.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now