Boris nails it...

(15 Posts)
Spinflight Sun 12-Jun-16 21:52:41

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/12/when-it-comes-to-the-single-market-you-dont-have-to-be-in-it-to/

"And yet no senior Remainer has so far had the honesty to defend the project for what it is. No one on the Remain side has shown any shred of explicit federalist idealism; no one has called for Britain to join in “building Europe” or in creating a “European identity”. That is because they know that this ideology – though dominant in Brussels – would be viewed with alarm by the British public."

"The Remainers have nothing to say. Their mouths just open and shut, wordlessly. Above all, people are rumbling the great big fat lie at the heart of the whole thing: that the sacrifice of democracy – the 2,500 new EU laws imposed on us every year, costing £600 million a week for business – is somehow worth it for the economic benefits of the so-called single market."

I have to say I'm rather shocked by how little the remainiacs have shown.

There most certainly is a positive case to be made for remaining in the EU but it can't be made by peddling Edward Heath's 40 year old lies. He even admitted lying about it.

The EU is about building a single European state.

Once we all admit and accept that I think we can all make our decisions without looking back in anger and betrayal as many of the over the age of 60 do about the last referendum.

LaurieFairyCake Sun 12-Jun-16 22:01:22

I don't think so hmm

He's going to look a right dick when he loses on Thursday - hopefully it will make him less of a credible candidate for Tory Leader

Reckon he's played this all wrong

Misnomer Sun 12-Jun-16 22:02:48

This Boris?

janethegirl2 Sun 12-Jun-16 22:03:07

I'd rather have Boris in charge than Dave.

GhostofFrankGrimes Sun 12-Jun-16 22:05:43

Utter waffle.

CrowyMcCrowFace Sun 12-Jun-16 22:07:22

I'd rather have my cat in charge than Dave. Still not an argument for Boris.

Spinflight Sun 12-Jun-16 22:50:18

A top tory donor has quit the remain campaign...

"the machinery of Government is being abused"

Which it clearly is and has been by project fear.

LittleBearPad Sun 12-Jun-16 22:56:23

The truth has been abused by the Leave campaign. But then honesty isn't Boris' strong suit.

OrlandaFuriosa Sun 12-Jun-16 22:57:40

As usual , BJ talking in charismatic sound bites that convince at a College debating soc but have precious little to do with reality. And he could make an argument either side. I'm far more convinced by the Govean it's destroying small business.

I'm also not saying Remain put forward a convincing argument, but on one level they are hampered. How can they say " Europe will have even less motive or desire to help us on immigration" without pissing off the Europeans?

Itinerary Sun 12-Jun-16 23:06:20

Remain tried to strike Boris Johnson down; he is now more powerful than they could possibly imagine

maisybobbins Sun 12-Jun-16 23:07:45

He's right. Remain have zero arguments working for them, hence the desperate scaremongering. I'm with Boris.

BitOutOfPractice Sun 12-Jun-16 23:09:56

Boris! Is that you?

Marmalade85 Sun 12-Jun-16 23:17:41

No

AnnaForbes Mon 13-Jun-16 00:56:29

Boris was very good on the ITV Ref debate a few days ago when he was with Andrea Leadstom and Gisela Stuart. They were by far the most plausible side of the debate and stayed cogent and unruffled despite the mud-slinging form Amber Rudd and Angela Eagle. I think Boris has upped his game over the last week or two. The remainers are becoming increasingly desperate and it shows.

LuisCarol Mon 13-Jun-16 01:09:24

costing £600 million a week

My god inflation really is out of control.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now