BRITEXT

(2 Posts)
Countrygirl63 Mon 30-May-16 11:03:41

I do know that you have heard it all so often. HOWEVER, we live in France, we have sons. One lives in the UK and one in another EU country. Both sons work really hard for their living. One has a house with the job abroad, the other has to rent (high rents in the UK!).
Now, I hope to God that the UK votes out. We have friends with children here. The unemployment is causing great problems. Children here live at home much longer than the UK, mainly because it is VERY hard to get jobs. Two friends have children who have left France to work. Life is getting VERY expensive in France, we live here full time and have had our home for a LONG time, so this is not off the top of my head. France is in SERIOUS financial difficulties, the UK must not under estimate this. They haven't balances their books for some time. The unions are trying to bring the country to its knees - they are succeeding. The people know that things have to change, they just don't know how to make the politicians see this, as the politicians are from the elite university. Most have never had PROPER jobs, so do not understand.
Next time you come to France, just look at the villages that are dying. No shops, no cafes, no life. Boarded up houses. Try going away in France in the 6 months 'out of season'. Nothing is open, unless you go to the top BIG towns.
Please, do not let this happen to the UK. We love France, but detest the way the government is treating the issues that are so important. Immigrants are NOT helping here either. France, Germany, really need to wake up and smell the coffee - things HAVE TO CHANGE.

claig Mon 30-May-16 18:17:52

'The people know that things have to change, they just don't know how to make the politicians see this, as the politicians are from the elite university. Most have never had PROPER jobs, so do not understand.'

Sounds pretty much like the UK. It seems to be the same everywhere. It will change eventually and common sense will return.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now