Best present for 1st time mum to be

(3 Posts)
FemelleReynard Tue 15-Nov-16 12:38:07

Not sure if this is the right area to post, but couldn't find a more suitable place.

My best friend is pregnant, due in February, so this will be her last Christmas without a child.

I expect a lot of people will be getting her baby orientated/stuff for baby, which is great, but I thought she'd appreciate something for herself, seeing as her life will be dominated from Feb by baby.

SO, what would you have appreciated as a gift in this situation? Would you like something for baby/baby orientated or for yourself?

I was thinking maybe a spa day type thing, so she can have a nice relaxing time either before baby, or when she's had the baby if she needs a break. Or even some sort of at home spa kit so she can choose when to do it in the comfort of her own home. Bearing in mind we are long term best friends, budget fairly generous.

Ideas welcome. Thanks.

daimbar Tue 15-Nov-16 12:42:37

I got bought a pregnancy massage and pedicure for my birthday when I was 8 months pregnant and it was the best present ever! Many hotel spas have a special 'mum to be' package.

You sound like a good friend smile

ShatnersBassoon Tue 15-Nov-16 12:45:45

Nothing to do with pampering, would be my suggestion. I was given a spa day and treatment for a Christmas present when I was heavily pregnant, but just didn't want to go when I was huge and uncomfortable. I used it a year later.

I would have liked something along the lines of theatre tickets or a voucher for a fancy restaurant. Something that I don't think I'd have done with a young baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now